Sponsored

Annoying plastic rattle

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I have the same exact rattle on back of my 2020 jlu. I know it’s the black plastic because it stops when you press it. Any luck fixing?????
That sounds frustrating! If you end up visiting a dealership for this and need some extra support, we are here to help. Send us a private message should that time arise.

Kate
Jeep Cares
Sponsored

jlrubeinswaz

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
I was having rattle on certain bumps, sounded like coming from pillar between the two doors. Thought it was seatbelt adjuster but that wasn’t it. Today we went wheeling without top and doors and no rattle. Ended up being the outside door handles.
I haven’t tore into it yet to see what the fix is, but just knowing where it’s coming from makes it not bother me as bad, lol.
If you get a chance, pull the doors off and see if rattle is still there......... :) .
I seem to have that same rattle. I would be interested in your find!

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I seem to have that same rattle. I would be interested in your find!
Mine was the outside door handles, we figured it out when the noise went away when we had the doors off……I haven’t done anything about it yet…..

OP
OP

DOCXKT

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JEEP WRANGLER JL UNLIMITED SAHARA
I have the same exact rattle on back of my 2020 jlu. I know it’s the black plastic because it stops when you press it. Any luck fixing?????
Hey bud sorry for getting back to you late. I purchased some valcro felt and placed them where the plastic and metal meets.
Sponsored