DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Since Android 10 came out, my Pixel 3xl is not playing well with Android Auto. When I say "Hey Google" and tell it to call someone, it will say, something like "wait while I get more information," and it won't make the call. It lately has been even worse, not even saying anything.

Is anyone else experiencing this? It never did this crap before Android 10.
Sponsored

noswttea4u

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Since Android 10 came out, my Pixel 3xl is not playing well with Android Auto. When I say "Hey Google" and tell it to call someone, it will say, something like "wait while I get more information," and it won't make the call. It lately has been even worse, not even saying anything.

Is anyone else experiencing this? It never did this crap before Android 10.
Do you have multiple accounts set up? Somehow my wife's Work account became her default account for Google Assistant and it caused the issue you refer to.

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have multiple accounts set up? Somehow my wife's Work account became her default account for Google Assistant and it caused the issue you refer to.
I sat down and went through Android Auto and found a feature or approval I had to activate or say yes to. (I can't remember what it was.) Once I did that yesterday, it has been fine since. I used it quite a bit today and it worked perfectly. I wish I could remember exactly what I did and I'd share it. I'll go back into the app and see if I can find it so that I can post it up.

KCC_703

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray MOAB
If you use the VR button on the steering wheel, do you still have to say "Ok Google"? I guess I can answer my own question tomorrow during the commute to work...

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If you use the VR button on the steering wheel, do you still have to say "Ok Google"? I guess I can answer my own question tomorrow during the commute to work...
I don't think so. I haven't tried that in awhile, but I'll check.
Sponsored