Amp Pro help - connected Amp will not turn off

treyman

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sahara Black on Black on Black
Hoping you all could help me out. I added an amp pro and got it all hooked up to add an amp and 2 subs. everything is running fine, the issue i have is the amp does not ever turn off, the remote line out of the amp pro seems to be telling the amp to stay on. Clearly this is not ideal. i thought possibly it was staying on to run its fan after i left the jeep. so i left for about 15 min, came back, amp still on, very warm and fans running.

My amp is the Rockford Fosgate TM750X1BD - Currently running one sub works and runs great when I need it to, it just wont turn off. (photo below)
All purchases were from Crutchfield, so a call will be made to them tomorrow. (closed now)

I assume this will kill my battery and overall like i said not ideal. For temporary fix, I pulled the power ground and remote line from the amp so that def turned it off.
Any help or suggestions would be great.
Thanks,

Jeep Wrangler JL Amp Pro help - connected Amp will not turn off IMG_4319
Sponsored

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Are you using stock stereo? If so, you are feeding high-level input signal into the amp. Your particular amp has an auto-on feature when used with that high-level signal and therefore you may not need the blue remote lead. Try disconnecting that and see if that fixes your issue.

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Also, where is the power for the Amp Pro coming from? If it's powered on all the time, that'll drain your battery even if the amp turns off.

OP
OP
treyman

treyman

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stock 8inch alpine radio. amppro gets power through the t-harness I assume. I did not run any other power to it.
I just tried your suggestion without the blue lead connected to the amplifier. that didn't work. amplifier did not turn on.

OP
OP
treyman

treyman

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
the remote line is wrapped with braided loom along with the RCAs and runs on from the radio down driverside to the amplifier which is mounted under the driver seat. power for my amplifier comes in through the existing firewall hole and runs directly next to RCAs/ Remote line once they meet behind the peddles. power line is wrapped in a separate braided loom.

Sponsored

OP
OP
treyman

treyman

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update: Crutchfield thinks it's a bad amp pro and are sending me a replacement.

ziff73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR & 2013 BMW M5 (former)
mine did the same. i think its a function of having remote keyless entry or some other feature. Others have had similar experiences. What i did was ignore the blue wire coming our of the Pac and run the remote turn-on wire along with the amp power cable to the engine and fuse tap to the cigarette lighter fuse (think #52 in the fuse block).

OP
OP
treyman

treyman

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update: new amp pro arrived. Unplugged the first one. Plugged in the second. Problem resolved. If anyone has this issue. I ordered from crutchfield and they sent me a new one very quickly with little questions asked. I do have to send the other one back. But they also provided a paid ups Return label for shipping.
subs hit hard. Im scared to run them at 100% but should be good. 2 x 600 watt max subs. 1000 watt sub = in theory with a clean signal i cant blow them.
thanks to those that provided suggestions for me.
Sponsored