Am I missing something??

mismith

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 YJ, 2016 JKU
So I went back to the build and price on Jeep's website looking for the dual door option. I still do not see it listed. But I have discovered another huge mystery.

I built my Jeep again, 2 door Rubi, Hella Yella, color matched fenders, then I select the "Premium Sunrider Soft Top" which is the top I want. I don't even want a hard top. It won't let me choose it?? I changed colors and it allows me to choose it. I change back to Hella Yella and get a pop up forcing me to the 3 piece hard top!

What in the Sam Hill is going on here? I have to be missing something or doing something wrong? I see way too many Hella Yella JL's on the used market with the Premium soft top. Surely Jeep is not that totally stupid and insane that they won't let me buy the black Premium Sunrider Soft Top with my new Yella Rubi? What on earth would be their reasoning? What difference does the color make??

I see this on the actual order form too. This just cannot be????

Jeep Wrangler JL Am I missing something?? 1602535872894
Sponsored

Last edited:

kingpinJL

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500 Limited, 2021 JLUR
if it's on the order guide, then it is what it is. sorry bub.

OP
OP

mismith

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 YJ, 2016 JKU
On what planet would that make any sense???? What does the exterior color have to do with choosing the soft top?

I’m seeing way too many out there in the used sector with the black premium soft top. Surely not that many people swapped them out?

All I can say now is if FCA wants my money, then the dealer will have to make it happen. This is just too dumb and nobody will be able to justify this stupidity based solely on an exterior color. SMH.....

millerjl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
hella has limited options... that was one of my choices when ordering but I wanted to sky one touch... nope, not an option on hella. Can get it on every other color though.

Amillio16

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jk unlimited
For the 2021 to get the hella Yellow you have to get the hardtop. That’s how it has been on the order guide too. My guess is they are only going to produce so many yellows before they pull that color and replace it on their line with the gecko ,hydro, or nacho. It dosnt make much since, but sometimes Jeep does weird things. The yellow has been on the market for a couple years now. I haven’t noticed with the 2021s but in the past only certain colors could be ordered depending on the trim style too. The half door and chief are not available on website yet but the dealers can order them.

Sponsored

SilentSkut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently sans Jeep.
Occupation
Analysis-Paralysis Consultant, Alternator and Starter Expert
I think it's a glitch with the Jeep website. Call your dealer and ask.

bigfoot21075

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2012 Ford F350
It looks like Hella is not available with the Soft Top. Odd. I built a Sarge Green with the soft top and changed it to yellow and the pop up box said i had to change it to a hard top.

Renhilio

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I’m not sure this is completely applicable, but for what it’s worth I just submitted a factory order for a hella yella with the dual top group.

OP
OP

mismith

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 YJ, 2016 JKU
I’m not sure this is completely applicable, but for what it’s worth I just submitted a factory order for a hella yella with the dual top group.
Thank you! I’ve only talked to a salesman at our local dealership on the phone. It was about like talking to the teenage flunky at the local parts house. Why can’t Jeep dealers have salespersons that really know the Wrangler?

He was excited about my interest in a new Wrangler until he figured out I’d have to order the one I want. It was obvious he only wanted to sell me what was on the lot. I don’t get it? Why can’t you be excited about selling your product no matter what. It was also clear that I knew way more than he did about the Wrangler.

That’s encouraging to know I can get dual tops. I wouldn’t use the hard top very often but would be nice to have. I’m waiting right now to see if I can get the half doors in Hella too.
Sponsored