Sponsored

Am I missing something: Better deal with 80th Anniversary vs Sport?

Yolobaggins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4
So I went to Build and Price and specd out the exact same build for the 80th University vs Sport:

I included these options:

Alpine + 8.4 screen
LED Package
Cold Weather Group
Convivence Group
2.0L Auto
Soft-Top

Since the 80th already has Alpine + Bigger Screen and 2.0L Auto, I didn't need to include it

The 80th Anniversary is 1k cheaper than the Sport, and you get better wheels and tires, plus unique seats

Am I missing something?

Thanks
Sponsored

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Electrical, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering.
No, you are correct. The 80th trim appears to be a major sleeper...mostly because it includes the auto trans as standard. I am in the process of ordering one for my wife right now in fact. She has very strict requirements for a lease and until I found the 80th trim, I was unable to get what she wanted in under her price limit...it was always fouled up by the fact that it costs $3000 to get an automatic V6. The 80th fixes that two-fold because not only is it the cheapest way to get the automatic V6, but also because it includes it in the MSRP, so it residualizes 100% in factory leases.

The 80th also has the Sahara bumpers and fenders, so you can basically build a Sahara-clone with the Sport's residual. It would be a lease king except for the fact that you probably won't find many in-stock units cause I doubt the dealer allocation managers have figured this out.