Sponsored

Sport S vs Sahara vs Sahara Alt. What am I missing?

Darcer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Accord
Hello, I have been experimenting with the excel spreadsheets (see table below). I think from my work the Sahara Altitude makes the most sense in terms of value but I worry that I might be missing something (I don't know what I don't know). The sky one-touch top is driving much of my decision here. I've read the LEDs are a must. Am I missing something I should be adding? This will be an everyday vehicle as well as a beach vehicle with light off-road for fun (think Cape Cod Beaches and Maine more than serious trails). Don't know if I need full-time 4wd. I think I'm getting to that analysis paralysis phase of decision-making. Any thoughts?

Sport SSaharaSahara Altitude
RowSelectionRowSelection
222.0L I4212.0L I4212.0L I4
30Sport S27No Pckg28Altitude
404WD full374WD full374WD full
55Anti Spin Diff40Anti Spin Diff40Anti Spin Diff
61Cold Weather45Cold Weather45Cold Weather
78LED64LED64LED
86Remote Prox71Safety71Safety
88Safety73Sky 1 touch74Sky 1 touch
97Sun Sound130Sting130Sting
99Tech Grp1385% below1385% below
146cloth seats
155Silver14550,88914552,255
1655% below
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Have you considered a Willys?

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
You don't need full-time or LED, safety or Sky-One touch. You need a soft top that folds back and a positive attitude. Now order your Jeep and have some fun.

OP
OP

Darcer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Accord
Have you considered a Willys?

Here is where my ignorance is a problem if I run numbers on Willys it costs about as much as Sahara Altitude but I don't know the benefit vs the altitude

nsfw_andy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hydro Blue JLUR Ecodiesel
Here is where my ignorance is a problem if I run numbers on Willys it costs about as much as Sahara Altitude but I don't know the benefit vs the altitude
The willys (not willys sport) is like a poor mans rubicon, you get 32" mud terrain tires, rubicon suspension and rock rails are the main ones I can think of.

Sponsored

Glovetown

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 wrangler
Hello, I have been experimenting with the excel spreadsheets (see table below). I think from my work the Sahara Altitude makes the most sense in terms of value but I worry that I might be missing something (I don't know what I don't know). The sky one-touch top is driving much of my decision here. I've read the LEDs are a must. Am I missing something I should be adding? This will be an everyday vehicle as well as a beach vehicle with light off-road for fun (think Cape Cod Beaches and Maine more than serious trails). Don't know if I need full-time 4wd. I think I'm getting to that analysis paralysis phase of decision-making. Any thoughts?

Sport SSaharaSahara Altitude
RowSelectionRowSelection
222.0L I4212.0L I4212.0L I4
30Sport S27No Pckg28Altitude
404WD full374WD full374WD full
55Anti Spin Diff40Anti Spin Diff40Anti Spin Diff
61Cold Weather45Cold Weather45Cold Weather
78LED64LED64LED
86Remote Prox71Safety71Safety
88Safety73Sky 1 touch74Sky 1 touch
97Sun Sound130Sting130Sting
99Tech Grp1385% below1385% below
146cloth seats
155Silver14550,88914552,255
1655% below
Add trailer pkg with auxiliary switches

Jeepney Johnny

First Name
Rico!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Agree with the adding the trailer package, since it comes with AUX switches and a higher output alternator. Adding these later is a PITA.

I bought my Wrangler off the dealer lot, and it came with the tow package, which I didn't think I would use, but I use the auxiliary switches every time the Wrangler is driven (I hooked up some DRLs in an aftermarket front bumper to AUX4).

Even if you don't plan or think to modify your Jeep much...just keep reading the forums. There's a lot of inspiration here.

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber Security Consultant
Yes, the LED’s are a MUST! Go with the Sahara, forget the sport. The saharas for 2022’s all come standard with the premium 8.4” Alpine audio now which is killer! Full-time 4wd is “eh” in my opinion, it’s nice but I wouldn’t bother to pay for it, I’d shift it into 4wd myself

Sponsored

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Personally, I'd forgo the Sky OneTouch. The Sahara Altitude includes the hard top headliner, which is normally ~$500 and goes a long way toward making the ride more quiet, esp at highway.

2nd the tow package - even if you don't plan to tow, having the aux switches and beefier alternator are worth the cost. I personally skipped the LEDs - they're easy enough to add on later and I don't really do *that* much night driving. ~5 months in and I haven't regretted that.

For my build, the Sahara Altitude vs Sahara was only a ~$400 price difference - total no-brainer.

You could take the hard top and add the Sunrider for Hard Top (it's a soft-top for just the 2 front seats, basically) and be right as rain. You get the protection/insulation/less noise of the hard top, but with the convenience of the soft top.

RLC2020

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU
I wouldn't go with the LED package unless the $1500 is inconsequential to you. I added LED bulbs to wife's stock headlights / fogs and they are bright as heck. Cost me about $90 for headlights and fogs on Amazon and they are brighter than the factory LED setup. I do like the look of the factory LED lights, but not at that price.

+1 on the Sunrider top. We have that and it's awesome. It's back every time we drive and IMO it's just as convenient as the SOT, it just doesn't go back as far.

SouthernJL

First Name
Isom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Camry and 2014
Proximately locks. A lot of people wish that they had added that.
I see this opinion all the time on this forum which is why I ordered mine with the feature. To me, it is the feature I could've easily done without. Not sure why so many people have such a hard time just pulling out a fob and clicking a button to unlock a door.

OP
OP

Darcer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Accord
I see this opinion all the time on this forum which is why I ordered mine with the feature. To me, it is the feature I could've easily done without. Not sure why so many people have such a hard time just pulling out a fob and clicking a button to unlock a door.

My van has it, my accord which is pushing 15 years does not. I don't feel that strongly about it.
Sponsored