Am I mad?

sudeepi

First Name
Durga Prasad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara UL, 2014 Honda CR-V
I have it for about 20 months (my childhood was on Jeeps) and I do have that feeling.
A friend asked me how am I enjoying my jeep after over year and half, and I replied "It's different, it's fun. I miss it when I don't drive it". We have only one car for me and my wife (we both work in same company, so we gave our another car to my son in college instead of buying one for him) and I always think of letting her drive but I involuntarily sit in driver's seat :)
Yes, it's different, it's fun.
Sponsored

Leisure Freak

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL 2 door Sport, 1981 Toyota SR5 Convertible PU, 2002 Chevy Tracker, 2015 Impala, 90 Civic,
I'm with you. First time Jeep owner and I really look forward to driving it. I'm no stranger to having fun cars to drive but I can't remember ever wanting to go out and drive in the snow before. I loved driving my past corvettes but this is different because with a Jeep I don't care what the road conditions are or how dirty it gets. It's liberating on many levels. So far there has been no issue that bugs me about my JL 2 door Sport. Must be love.

King Shanker

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon (Mojito), 2014 Ford F150 Platinum (Kodiak Brown), 2009 Cadillac CTS
I am so glad to be part of the Jeep community again! :jk: :clap:

I owned a CJ back in high school and loved it. Then of course life get's in the way and you have to put priorities first. Now that the kids are all gone we picked up a '19 JLUR. Yes we went with the 4 door. But to look in the back seat and see your twin grandsons smiling from ear to ear :):) and raising their arms up in the air squealing to their hearts content is a sight that just warms my heart! They love riding around with the top and doors off, and so do Nana & Papa :rock:.

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
I've had my Wrangler for a couple of months now - first Jeep.

Every time I think about driving it I get fits of excitement to the point of being upset whenever I can't drive it for one reason or another!

I've always been excited about my new vehicles but that feeling usually disappears after a few weeks. I just don't see that happening with the Wrangler.

I can't even put my finger on what it is that causes the joy! It's not like it's a technological marvel, not sporty or even that amazing at road handling - the only word I can think of to describe it is "fun"

Oh well, just hope the feeling lasts!

Just thought I'd share......

Cheers
PD
Wait until summer when you finally get to put the top down. Oh man -- giggity

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
In 2018 my wife and I missed the JKs she had a few years before, so we thought it might be fun to get one for our weekend car. So we bought a 2018 JL. It wasn’t practical for either of us as a daily driver, but was the only vehicle we drove Friday thru Sunday. Fast forward to today and we traded in our dd’s and the JL and I now have a JLUS and she has a JLUR as our daily drivers. We both couldn’t be happier and look forward to just driving
side by side pic please

Sponsored

Pattyolc

First Name
Patty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon JLU Granite Crystal
I've had my Wrangler for a couple of months now - first Jeep.

Every time I think about driving it I get fits of excitement to the point of being upset whenever I can't drive it for one reason or another!

I've always been excited about my new vehicles but that feeling usually disappears after a few weeks. I just don't see that happening with the Wrangler.

I can't even put my finger on what it is that causes the joy! It's not like it's a technological marvel, not sporty or even that amazing at road handling - the only word I can think of to describe it is "fun"

Oh well, just hope the feeling lasts!

Just thought I'd share......

Cheers
PD
I've had mine since November 19' and the feeling increases..believe me.. it grows like a weed

KananagaS

First Name
Sho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Occupation
Engineer
Glad to see many Jeep owners feel the way. I am new in Jeep world, just got my 2020 JLU 3 weeks ago and now have about 1600 miles on the clock. When it is sunny out, I have a hard time to pick between my motorcycle and Jeep. So far, Jeep won each time.
It was in high 60’s yesterday, and I took the front freedom panels off. What a ride.

6A50895E-48DF-483D-8634-41EC6BE1AF63.jpeg

OP
OP
Plasmadaddy

Plasmadaddy

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Overland. 2019 Harley Davidson CVO Road Glide.
Glad to see many Jeep owners feel the way. I am new in Jeep world, just got my 2020 JLU 3 weeks ago and now have about 1600 miles on the clock. When it is sunny out, I have a hard time to pick between my motorcycle and Jeep. So far, Jeep won each time.
It was in high 60’s yesterday, and I took the front freedom panels off. What a ride.

6A50895E-48DF-483D-8634-41EC6BE1AF63.jpeg
Man, I love those wheels!

Sponsored

Aesikidesi

First Name
Rubin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLUA / RUFICON
Occupation
Data Analyst / IT Data Recovery
Vehicle Showcase
Ok so i came from a VW GTI to a Sahara Altitude, I have to say i am more relaxed now, you wanna cut me off no problem you want go around and cuss at me no problem, i feel like a dirty hippie and thats not that bad at all. i can say i have no road rage like i did with the GTI. i enjoy the ride, now i have to build up the courage and rig to get it on a trail.

#Chillinglikeavillian

ViperJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'N Wrangler JL Rubicon
If you think that's fun, imagine having a 2 door. :jk:

When I lost my 2018 JL to an accident, I had the opportunity to get a 4 door, and my wife was pushing me to pull the trigger on the JLU "we are gonna have kids soon, the 2 door is so impractical, blah blah blah.." After having a 2-D for a year and knowing pretty well the annoyance of the limited cargo capacity, I was about to pull the trigger, and then I said. You know what, f*ck it.

Came back home with the 2 door, took the top off, and in our first ride with the 2019 she had a giant smile on her face, a 4 door JL passed by and waved at us. And she said "you were right".
Wondering why you would try to turn a thread about a guy expressing his sheer enjoyment about his Jeep into a 2 door versus 4 door debate. Doesn't seem like the place to inject such stupidity.

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Freaking love my jeep. Not even sure why. Its my 4th Wrangler in 20 years (YJ, TJ, JK, JL) and still find a reason to go drive it.

Jeepdude101

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR black
Occupation
Construction field worker
Vehicle Showcase
I'm pretty old--butt I drove my first "WILLYS" in 1954 and thru the '60's--

I wa excited as a youth and now after over 66 years of driving jeeps, I really look forward to driving my JLU EVERYTIME, probably because of the "NEW" innovative additions from CJ'S/TJ'S/JK'S and the engine/tranny changes are PHENOMINAL !

I've had/built PANTERS/CORVETTES/GT-40 and they were PURE ADRENALINE/FUN, BUT YOU JUST ABOUT CAN'T DRIVE THEM ON THE STREET ANY MORE, but man you can take that JEEP off-road and enjoy the REAL FREEDOM and excitement--

I had a tire shop in PARADISE, Ca. in the '70s and even though we LIVED IN 4WD I built an everlasting hate of FREEWAYS/STREETS and "TRAFFIC"--

Well that's a little synopsis to applaud your excitement in the JEEP DRIVING !

Good luck

JIMBO
You didn’t include YJ’s was that on purpose:)

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
my jl is my daily driver to road tripping for vacation and i love it. at first i looked at the 4 door but picked up a 2 door. the best decision i made.
Sponsored