Sponsored

Am I mad?

Plasmadaddy

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Overland. 2019 Harley Davidson CVO Road Glide.
I've had my Wrangler for a couple of months now - first Jeep.

Every time I think about driving it I get fits of excitement to the point of being upset whenever I can't drive it for one reason or another!

I've always been excited about my new vehicles but that feeling usually disappears after a few weeks. I just don't see that happening with the Wrangler.

I can't even put my finger on what it is that causes the joy! It's not like it's a technological marvel, not sporty or even that amazing at road handling - the only word I can think of to describe it is "fun"

Oh well, just hope the feeling lasts!

Just thought I'd share......

Cheers
PD
Sponsored

Cthehentz

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, You are Buck A$$ Wild about your new Jeep. Congrats you get to drive it lol. I got to drive mine for two weeks then had total knee replacement and I am counting the days until I can drive, it truly is maddening.....

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Jeeps are unique. I hate driving it during my long commute but love it on the weekends when wheeling. The Noise inside pisses me off, the wind blowing it all over the road pisses me off,, the steering wondering pisses me off LOL. But boy does it handle off-roading like a dream. If I could afford a JEEP and daily driver I'd be in heaven.

Sponsored

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
I'm pretty old--butt I drove my first "WILLYS" in 1954 and thru the '60's--

I wa excited as a youth and now after over 66 years of driving jeeps, I really look forward to driving my JLU EVERYTIME, probably because of the "NEW" innovative additions from CJ'S/TJ'S/JK'S and the engine/tranny changes are PHENOMINAL !

I've had/built PANTERS/CORVETTES/GT-40 and they were PURE ADRENALINE/FUN, BUT YOU JUST ABOUT CAN'T DRIVE THEM ON THE STREET ANY MORE, but man you can take that JEEP off-road and enjoy the REAL FREEDOM and excitement--

I had a tire shop in PARADISE, Ca. in the '70s and even though we LIVED IN 4WD I built an everlasting hate of FREEWAYS/STREETS and "TRAFFIC"--

Well that's a little synopsis to applaud your excitement in the JEEP DRIVING !

Good luck

JIMBO

Sponsored

Robs JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara

Every time I think about driving it I get fits of excitement to the point of being upset whenever I can't drive it for one reason or another!

I've always been excited about my new vehicles but that feeling usually disappears after a few weeks. I just don't see that happening with the Wrangler.

I can't even put my finger on what it is that causes the joy! It's not like it's a technological marvel, not sporty or even that amazing at road handling - the only word I can think of to describe it is "fun"

Cheers
PD
Im in the same boat. I have a daily driver but first thing I always want to do when I get home is drive the jeep!!

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
If you think that's fun, imagine having a 2 door. :jk:

When I lost my 2018 JL to an accident, I had the opportunity to get a 4 door, and my wife was pushing me to pull the trigger on the JLU "we are gonna have kids soon, the 2 door is so impractical, blah blah blah.." After having a 2-D for a year and knowing pretty well the annoyance of the limited cargo capacity, I was about to pull the trigger, and then I said. You know what, f*ck it.

Came back home with the 2 door, took the top off, and in our first ride with the 2019 she had a giant smile on her face, a 4 door JL passed by and waved at us. And she said "you were right".

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
If you think that's fun, imagine having a 2 door. :jk:

When I lost my 2018 JL to an accident, I had the opportunity to get a 4 door, and my wife was pushing me to pull the trigger on the JLU "we are gonna have kids soon, the 2 door is so impractical, blah blah blah.." After having a 2-D for a year and knowing pretty well the annoyance of the limited cargo capacity, I was about to pull the trigger, and then I said. You know what, f*ck it.

Came back home with the 2 door, took the top off, and in our first ride with the 2019 she had a giant smile on her face, a 4 door JL passed by and waved at us. And she said "you were right".
4 doors aren't half bad (the front half).

Edit: I kid, of course, I almost got a JLU for "family reasons", but that's what my wife's car is for. She's been eyeballing JLUs ever since riding around in my JL tho.

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd

Cheers
PD
You know, I think the feeling I get is that I'm cheating the system somehow. Jeeps are like a loophole in the rules of vehicles that are allowed on the road, and that's ignoring all of the offroad possibilities. I have borderline agoraphobia, but I find myself making excuses to go places in my Jeep. Good thing I'm planning on buying out the lease, because I'm easily gonna double the annual mileage!

jespey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR White; 2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
In 2018 my wife and I missed the JKs she had a few years before, so we thought it might be fun to get one for our weekend car. So we bought a 2018 JL. It wasn’t practical for either of us as a daily driver, but was the only vehicle we drove Friday thru Sunday. Fast forward to today and we traded in our dd’s and the JL and I now have a JLUS and she has a JLUR as our daily drivers. We both couldn’t be happier and look forward to just driving
Sponsored