Sponsored

Alpine premium

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Door speakers??? Seriously? Does the system compensate for their loss when you run without doors?

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Door speakers??? Seriously? Does the system compensate for their loss when you run without doors?
I don't this this was written correctly. Not sure where it came from but any pictures I have seen show the larger speakers in the lower dash like previous models and I have not seen any pictures of doors that look like there are speakers in them.

Current owners can chime in but this looks to be an incorrect statement.

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
I believe the "door speakers" are the lower dash speakers opposite the drivers left knee.

Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Does anyone know if the Jeep Alpine system is an integrated proprietary mess like the Bose system in some cars? Is it straightforward to replace the amp(s) and speakers and keep the factory head unit?

I looked on Crutchfield and the speaker sizes were listed but no install instructions/diagrams yet. It did say “We don’t recommend replacing the radio in your vehicle”.

https://www.crutchfield.com/car/outfitmycar/mycar.aspx

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
I did a long review on just the Alpine the night I picked mine up. Big fan of the Alpine system. When I was trying to decide on a Hard Rock or a standard Rubicon back in 2015 I sat in the regular Rubi and the standard Wrangler stereo was bad bad. Then I sat in the Hard Rock and listened to the Alpine. Wow!! Sold. No I didn't by a Rubi based on the Alpine. I was getting a Rubi one way or another but YES! I did spring for the Hard Rock package to get the Alpine. I know you could get the Alpine in a standard Rubi back then but they only had two on the lot. Easy decision. Loved that system. Forward to 2018. I knew when I ordered that would be the first thing to order. Infotainment with Alpine. I figured it was good in my 2015, I hope it's still good. It was late and raining hard when I left the dealer for my 2.5 hour drive home so I didn't have time to dig deep into the infotainment but I made sure to at least to get the Bluetooth going before I left. I have 6,000+ songs on my iPhone. I just hit random and let it go. Wow!! I was hearing sounds from songs I have listen to 100's of times I had never heard before. Acoustic guitar, drum snares, background vocals, etc.... All of the sounds were separated if that makes since and at a high volume and still great. Good thump from the sub but not obnoxious. It will do that if that's your thing. I consider myself an audiophile. My surround sound in my house is Klipsch and my wife Mercedes we sprang for the Harmon Kardon system. This blows her's away in a much quieter car. Not just in volume but sound quality. If the OP isn't getting great sound out of his something is wrong. I love the CarPlay so I automatically just plug my iPhone in when I get in and the sound plugged in is even better than the Bluetooth of course. Like some have suggested I got one of the small Sandisk 32g thumb drives and almost got all of my music on it. My iPhone plug is in the center console USB so the wire doesn't show and the USB thumb drive is in the dash USB. The lid almost closes all the way over the drive. Sounds great. I don't think I could go out to a custom shop and do any better.

Simon311

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Rubicon, Ocean Blue, 6spd
Occupation
Real Estate
Or just put your music on a thumb drive and plug it in. Use one of these SanDisk Cruzer Fits:
When you are listening to music via your flash drive, is it easy to control via the Connect screen? Is it easy to switch between artists or are you listening from "playlists?" Im not happy with the sound via Spotify from car play and would like to get back to CD quality sound with more depth.

Sponsored

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
When you are listening to music via your flash drive, is it easy to control via the Connect screen? Is it easy to switch between artists or are you listening from "playlists?" Im not happy with the sound via Spotify from car play and would like to get back to CD quality sound with more depth.
I just have my favorite music on a drive and if I am not in the mood for the current song I just skip to next.

Have you tried Pandora premium? I am currently on a trial for that and so far it has been great!

Simon311

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Rubicon, Ocean Blue, 6spd
Occupation
Real Estate
I just have my favorite music on a drive and if I am not in the mood for the current song I just skip to next.

Have you tried Pandora premium? I am currently on a trial for that and so far it has been great!
I have not tried Pandora premium, but use sporty premium, but am not happy with the sounds through the speakers. I will have to try putting my songs on a drive. Thx
Sponsored