Alignment Post Rubicon lift Unstallation

ResqFE

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited
I am thinking of eventually buying a Rubicon lift down the road to install on my Sport. Will I need to do a alignment afterwards?
I'm assuming with with a aftermarket one, not sure about this mod. Thanks
Sponsored

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I am thinking of eventually buying a Rubicon lift down the road to install on my Sport. Will I need to do a alignment afterwards?
I'm assuming with with a aftermarket one, not sure about this mod. Thanks
Mine didn’t need one with a 2.5” lift they checked alignment and showed me the report, I had to adjust my steering wheel position a little it was a bit off center.

OP
OP
ResqFE

ResqFE

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited
Mine didn’t need one with a 2.5” lift they checked alignment and showed me the report, I had to adjust my steering wheel position a little it was a bit off center.
Did you do the install yourself? Anything too complicated?

txbonds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport JL
Vehicle Showcase
Just got my rubicon lift put on. How do you adjust the steering wheel on these? Was going to take it for alignment and ask them to do it. Is it easy?

Sponsored

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Just got my rubicon lift put on. How do you adjust the steering wheel on these? Was going to take it for alignment and ask them to do it. Is it easy?
It's incredibly easy. You just loosen the bolt on the drag link and twist the bar until your wheel is centered, then retighten the bolt. It may take a few tries to get it just right, but I wouldn't take it to a shop if you're looking to just adjust that one thing. You can do it in your garage with simple hand tools.

Here's a photo of the drag link on the JK. The JL's drag link has a single bolt (where as the JK had two), but the position and method for adjustment is exactly the same.

jk-alignment.jpg

txbonds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport JL
Vehicle Showcase
It's incredibly easy. You just loosen the bolt on the drag link and twist the bar until your wheel is centered, then retighten the bolt. It may take a few tries to get it just right, but I wouldn't take it to a shop if you're looking to just adjust that one thing. You can do it in your garage with simple hand tools.

Here's a photo of the drag link on the JK. The JL's drag link has a single bolt (where as the JK had two), but the position and method for adjustment is exactly the same.

jk-alignment.jpg
That’s awesome. Thanks.
Sponsored