First Name
Emil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 (Sold) & Jeep JL
Occupation
Process Engineer
I've always been curious about how an AEV style bumper would look on a JL. I just found this JL sitting on a lot with said bumper!

Interestingly enough the dealership also installed the Rubicon rear bumper on this sport...

3782aaa95e2ec505d425bfbfc484514b.jpg
b2444991690cbf25654b07f4187fc78d.jpg
85535b431af5208a24fd045c199ce78e.jpg
Sponsored

Ericshere03

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 6 Speed
I loved that bumper on my JK when I had a winter edition ... Since AEV is taking their sweet time, may consider replacing my Gladiator POS plastic with one of these... they can be had pretty cheaply these days used.

First Name
Sloan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2001 TJ Sport
Interesting. I have never seen a AEV JK bumper on a JL. Doesn't look too bad. AEV is coming out with a new one with JL specific styling, but the release keeps getting delayed.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Hey Thanks for the pics!!! I was wondering how it would look....I had an mw3 JK that had the AEV as part of the package front and rear bumpers and those things were solid. liked them better than the my jeep steel version.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
here they are on mine for comparison the only dif is the way the fenders meet the front lips

IMG_1215.jpg

IMG_1232.jpg

IMG_1235.jpg

Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
I am tired of the waiting game with AEV, so went with venator.

20200411_191540.jpg
the more i see the venator bumper, the more i like it. couple of ???
- how easy is it to install the bumper and is there any surprises that might come up.
- how sturdy / strong is the bumper
- i see you have the optional bar on top of the bumper with the lights mounted on them.did the bar come with the light tabs for mounted or did you drill hole for the lights.
- are the tow hooks mounted to the frame of the jeep
- what winch are you running.
- i know you can use the factor fog lights, were they easy and a direct fit to the bumper.
- anything else i should know.

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
the more i see the venator bumper, the more i like it. couple of ???
- how easy is it to install the bumper and is there any surprises that might come up.
- how sturdy / strong is the bumper
- i see you have the optional bar on top of the bumper with the lights mounted on them.did the bar come with the light tabs for mounted or did you drill hole for the lights.
- are the tow hooks mounted to the frame of the jeep
- what winch are you running.
- i know you can use the factor fog lights, were they easy and a direct fit to the bumper.
- anything else i should know.
The installation is very straightforward and easy, the bumper is just a winch plate plus a shell, when you try to assemble the shell, keep every bolt/screw loosely attached, only tighten them when everything lines up. The hardware coming with the bumper did not match the installation manual, but it is fairly easy to figure out.

The bumper is made of stamped steel, so it is as strong as the Mopar steel bumper, apparently if you smash it to rocks on a daily basis, it won't look good. The pros of stamped steel bumper is they looked nice, not like a big chunk of steel someone weld it in the garage.

The optional bar does not have any hole for mounting light, but again being stamped steel it is super easy to drill holes for mounting lights.

Tow hooks mount to the frame, just like stock tow hooks. They are not rated for flat tow but good for recovery tow.

I am running Warn VR 10s, a nice budget winch, sits perfectly in the bumper.

They are easy and direct fit, there are two cosmetic bezels that are basically trash, but they are cosmetics, so nobody cares.

This is a nice bumper for mild offroad, and will look super nice on the road. There is no installation video on the net, but you can refer to RR Arcus bumper installation, they are very similar.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
The installation is very straightforward and easy, the bumper is just a winch plate plus a shell, when you try to assemble the shell, keep every bolt/screw loosely attached, only tighten them when everything lines up. The hardware coming with the bumper did not match the installation manual, but it is fairly easy to figure out.

The bumper is made of stamped steel, so it is as strong as the Mopar steel bumper, apparently if you smash it to rocks on a daily basis, it won't look good. The pros of stamped steel bumper is they looked nice, not like a big chunk of steel someone weld it in the garage.

The optional bar does not have any hole for mounting light, but again being stamped steel it is super easy to drill holes for mounting lights.

Tow hooks mount to the frame, just like stock tow hooks. They are not rated for flat tow but good for recovery tow.

I am running Warn VR 10s, a nice budget winch, sits perfectly in the bumper.

They are easy and direct fit, there are two cosmetic bezels that are basically trash, but they are cosmetics, so nobody cares.

This is a nice bumper for mild offroad, and will look super nice on the road. There is no installation video on the net, but you can refer to RR Arcus bumper installation, they are very similar.

thanks for the quick response. i will be looking more into this since i like the looks and its a strong light weight bumper. i was looking into the classic arb bumper, but not liking the weight. the venator appears to be better bumper then most of the other bumpers out there.
Sponsored