Rubi II

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Check these guys out: https://www.jtopsusa.com/

This is the one I chose after going to a lot of trade shows and looking them over. Love the fit and finish!
Another vote for jtopsusa, hmmm... I'm starting to waver, now I just need to convince myself to spend the extra money!
Sponsored

rdfact

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLURXR, '01 WJ
I have JTops. It's very well made and no flapping in the wind, even at 90 mph. 🏎

Sponsored

Dlit

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL Recon
Clubs

Rugged Ridge 13594.35 Savannah Brief Top Black Diamond Sailcloth. Complete coverage, no gaps at all and it stays tight. $227 I would buy it again in a heart beat. It is one piece and screws into the header holes that are already there. No drilling or complicated install, but it is as secure as can be.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08M6CMBJK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

GraBar Foot Pegs $53 bucks. These have worked well and not hurt the paint. If you have no doors on and make a right turn, having your leg out of the foot peg feels a lot more secure than just gripping the steering wheel.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M68KK6U/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

I actually use my rear view mirrows, so having on that is good sized and does move around fits my wants, so I went with the MOPAR OEM doors off mirrosa nd they have been great.

My Jeep goes naked 8 months of of the year and these three items work great.
Quick question regarding the Mopar OEM doors off mirror kit…do you need to unscrew the whole mount to return the doors to the Jeep? How inconvenient are they to put on and off etc?

CrownRubicon

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Another vote for jtopsusa, hmmm... I'm starting to waver, now I just need to convince myself to spend the extra money!
I had a Spideweb Shade on my last Jeep and as much as I can't really say anything bad about them, JTopsUSA is a better product all around.

Wraif

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 2-door manual Rubicon, 09 JKU
Don’t mean to push, but buy once cry once. It’s cheaper than buying a 2nd one, and you’ll be happy with the quality.

OP
OP
Rubi II

Rubi II

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Don’t mean to push, but buy once cry once. It’s cheaper than buying a 2nd one, and you’ll be happy with the quality.
Not pushing at all, I like the feedback. That’s literally what I have been saying to myself..lol. I ordered some color samples to check out.

Austin23

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I have Alien shades.. front and rear two piece.. I love them so far.. I did get mirrors and foot pegs.. decided I did not like the mirrors and never installed them.. haven't been bothered by the police about it yet and I have been right next to them quite a few times.. the foot pegs.. I sent back because the design was flawed.. if I installed them they would have scratched my paint.. there may be better options but I decided to just leave them off.. I rest my foot on the hinge and it's fine for me.. this is how I run naked

20220811_101000.jpg

20220811_100947.jpg
looks awesome. nothing better than a naked jeep.

Sponsored

xandalf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
I have a Four Door JTop in Platinum gray mesh which is in great shape if anyone is interested. Not sure on other Jeepers experience with the Genuine Mopar Sun Bonnet Black Vinyl Part Number 82215392AC but I really like it as apposed to the JTop. No straps or bungees needed and once you install the front piece between the top of the windshield and A pillar bar it can stay put when the full top goes back on for the winter. The top is technically a two piece held together with a heavy duty zipper for the front windshield section and the fit is nice and tight with button snaps. No drilling needed....Another great option if you can find one for a good price is to go with the JL soft top which you can drive around in the Safari set up with options to put all the way down or full cover....anyway you go will be awesome.....naked is nice and a great true Jeep look. Good luck and show pics when you make it all happen!! ✌
-Pete

20220610_110035.jpg

20220815_134138 (2).jpg
I ordered this exact same part with my new jeep and it was too short, when I tried to stretch the back to clip the clips on the back of the car, it ripped at the seams. The back side clips I am not even able to clip in, at max stretch they are still too short by 3 inches. I followed instructions to the T and most of the sunbonnet fit. All clips fit, except the the two back side ears and the back clips seem that were at least 3 inches too short. Anyone else had this problem?

OP
OP
Rubi II

Rubi II

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
The winner is JTops sunscreen, coyote lange mirrors and DV8 foot pegs!
Weather has finally turned and I was able to install. Thank you to everyone for their input. I have had these on for a few days and all are very solid. Very pleased!!
Jeep Wrangler JL Advice on Getting Naked IMG_2229
Jeep Wrangler JL Advice on Getting Naked IMG_2233
Jeep Wrangler JL Advice on Getting Naked IMG_2235
Jeep Wrangler JL Advice on Getting Naked IMG_2231
Jeep Wrangler JL Advice on Getting Naked IMG_2236
Jeep Wrangler JL Advice on Getting Naked IMG_2237
Sponsored