Rubi II

Rubi II

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I'll reccomend a Rain Gear cover. That way you don't need to worry about putting roof up or doors on in shitty weather. Excellent quality and super easy to get on the jeep.
I am definitely considering that! Was thinking the Quadratec or master top cab cover. Any suggestions?

OP
OP
Rubi II

Rubi II

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I have the Spiderweb shade. I had on on my JKU and bought another for my JLU. Great at blocking the TX sun, it is a lifesaver down here. It does block a little of the wind but still get great airflow.
Awesome! Thatā€™s good to hear. Itā€™s the one Iā€™m leaning toward. Any issues with head room?

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Iā€™mā€™ thinking Lange Coyote mirrors and DV8 foot pegs.
Iā€™m thinking of a sunshade to protect my Irish skin but concerned about headroom and airflow.
+1 on the prior suggesting of wearing a hat, doubly so if'n you're tall like me. Every sunshade that I've considered for my own Jeep is lashed to the rollbar in the same manner. What that means is that if the top of your head is level with the rollbar, it's likely your noggin will rub on a sunshade.

I have the Lange Coyote mirrors, and can recommend them without reservation. Their mild convex shape does give the illusion of following traffic having a bit more distance from you than what appears, but it's easy to acclimate to.

As for driving sans doors, be sure that Mass. law allows it. Here in PA, we risk a ~$100 citation if pulled over. The language in our Vehicle Code is plainly unambiguous. I use tubular (trail) doors as a hedge, and thus far I've not been dinged.

I don't have any polite comments regarding the use of foot pegs, so I'll leave it at that. ;)

Mocopo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLURXR
Build Thread
Link
You happy with Alien? Thinking those or spiderweb, definitely like the 2 piece. Care on sharing what mirrors and foot pegs you didnā€™t like?
BTW, Sweet Jeep!!!
I love my alien shade, I did the one piece because since it has to go over the B pillar it "lifts" the shade a little higher and gives me more headroom. If I had the 2 piece then my hats would rub on it constantly.
I am in AZ, and the sunshade works great for UV protection, no matter how bright or hot it is, i don't get burned (at least from above).
I also do trail doors with mirrors instead of just going doorless. It's safer with my kids in the back, plus I think it looks awesome.

Jeep Wrangler JL Advice on Getting Naked jeeeeeeppepepepe

dchemphill1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon Recon
Occupation
School Administrator
Two thumbs up on Lange Coyote mirrors.....the are better than the door mirrors on the Jeep. Love our JTop. We went topless in Moab with the JTop and it was perfect....kept us from sunburn but got the open air feel.

Sponsored

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I went with the Spiderweb shade with their Belt silencers too. Spiderweb shade doesn't use Bungee balls they use these to secure it. Better look.

Vicious DV8 Off-road doors with mirrors.

Rock sliders with  Step Assist.jpg

20210614_221716.jpg

OP
OP
Rubi II

Rubi II

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
+1 on the prior suggesting of wearing a hat, doubly so if'n you're tall like me. Every sunshade that I've considered for my own Jeep is lashed to the rollbar in the same manner. What that means is that if the top of your head is level with the rollbar, it's likely your noggin will rub on a sunshade.

I have the Lange Coyote mirrors, and can recommend them without reservation. Their mild convex shape does give the illusion of following traffic having a bit more distance from you than what appears, but it's easy to acclimate to.

As for driving sans doors, be sure that Mass. law allows it. Here in PA, we risk a ~$100 citation if pulled over. The language in our Vehicle Code is plainly unambiguous. I use tubular (trail) doors as a hedge, and thus far I've not been dinged.

I don't have any polite comments regarding the use of foot pegs, so I'll leave it at that. ;)
Yeah, I am concerned about the head room given how the sunshades are attached. I am 6ā€™ tall and think my head comes to top of roll bar so that is a concern.
Good to hear about the Lange mirrors, Iā€™m pretty sure Iā€™m getting those. Mass allows doorless driving but does require mirrors.
I guess foot pegs are not your thing..lol.
Not sure they will be mine either but gotta tryšŸ˜
Thank you for the reply!

OP
OP
Rubi II

Rubi II

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I love my alien shade, I did the one piece because since it has to go over the B pillar it "lifts" the shade a little higher and gives me more headroom. If I had the 2 piece then my hats would rub on it constantly.
I am in AZ, and the sunshade works great for UV protection, no matter how bright or hot it is, i don't get burned (at least from above).
I also do trail doors with mirrors instead of just going doorless. It's safer with my kids in the back, plus I think it looks awesome.

Jeep Wrangler JL Advice on Getting Naked 20210614_221716
Good point on the B pillar, that might be the way to go for me. Youā€™re right, those doors do look awesome. A little out of my price range right now but Iā€™m definitely considering something like that. Probably wait till we move out west since Iā€™ll get more use out of them. Thank you!