rocketman9132

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep JL Rubicon
Hello,

I have a 2020 rubicon. Wednesday I'm having a mopar 2" lift, stabilizer, 35" BF Goodrich KM3 on Method MR309 and the heavy duty tire carrier installed. Is there anything specifically I should be asking the dealer to do or that I should watch out for, to get this setup to work properly? I have the turbo engine with 8 spd.

Thanks
Sponsored

Stuckinthesand

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
I don’t think you need the tire carrier. I run 35’s on my sport and have had no issues with the spare carrier. Only thing I did was extend the bump stops for the spare.

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Your dealer probably won't do it as they're not Mopar parts, but I would definitely add the following:

front adjustable track bar
rear adjustable track bar or track bar relocation bracket
front adjustable lower control arms

If you want your Rubicon to handle and steer well, do the above parts, which will add about around $600-$700. Otherwise, you'll be doing one or all of the parts sometime in the near future.

The stock front track bar is "adequate" at best for a stock suspension. It will quickly wear out with the additional lift and 35's, which will lead to a shimmy, wobble, or even up to the dreaded Death Wobble. Without adding an adjustable track bar, your axles will be off-centered and shifted to the driver side. By adding track bars front and rear (or front and bracket on the rear), you will be able to re-center your axles. Aftermarket track bars are also much stronger, which gives a better steering feel.

The caster on a stock Rubicon is too low. A lot of forum members who have a stock Rubicon have found much better steering feel by adding the Mopar lift front LCA's. The stock Rubicon front LCA's are same length as the Sport/Sahara models, yet the Rubicon is 1.5" higher. This results in a lower caster angle. Low caster angle is a MAJOR contributor of the "wandering" feeling at higher speeds and a lack of return to center of the steering.

The Mopar lift is decent, but the problem (especially for Rubicon owners) is that it really is an incomplete lift system and the front control arms are useless for a Rubicon with a 2" lift.

IMHO, you'd be better off going with another brand lift which addresses the lower control arm and track bar issue, for about the same price as Mopar.
Sponsored