Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SG JLUR, 13 Porsche 911
Occupation
US Navy
Looking for advice:
3/17: Ordered a JLUR at local dealer
3/26: Called salesman and left a message, asking for VIN. No return call.
3/27: Called salesman and left a message, asking for VIN. No return call.
3/28: Called dealership and asked if salesman was out of the office. They took my number and left a message for salesman. No return call. Called again the same day and salesman picked up. Before I said anything, he said the Jeep wasn't there. I asked for VIN, and he sent it to me.
3/29: Build sheet and window sticker posted. Called salesman to ask for shipping status. Left message, no return call.
3/30: Called salesman and left a message, asking for shipping status. No return call.

4/1: Still no return call. Jeep Chat did tell me that vehicle was released for shipping but no ETA yet.

So, IMO, this is terrible customer service. I am not the kind of person who demands constant attention, but I don't like being ignored, and will call again if I don't receive a call back. I'm not even in a hurry to receive the Jeep. Is this salesman guaranteed my sale just because he happened to be standing around when I walked in to order? May I change to a different salesman who is willing to return my calls?

I thought one of the exciting parts about ordering a jeep is knowing the status and anticipating its arrival. But instead I have been treated poorly and would not be able to recommend the dealership.

What would you do?
Sponsored

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
My dealer gave me the order sheet the day I ordered, with the VON. The next day I contacted jeep chat and got the VIN. I've been checking with them every other business day - haven't contacted the dealer yet, and don't plan to until it is shipped and then I'll only call them to reiterate that I want minimal prep. It is pretty crappy that they'r not calling you back, though.

KeithM

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 06 Duramax, e39 Touring
Occupation
Software
My salesman likes text messages but I've only gotten an immediate response with the info around 30% of the time. He'll usually respond fairly quickly with "Let me check!" or something like that, than nothing. I figured he was away from his computer, got distracted with a customer in person, ...

Maybe try emailing? They probably run through their email on the same machine they can look up status so it would be easier for them to satisfy your request.

JurassicJeep12

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jpmotorpool.com
Vehicle(s)
1992 Jeep Wrangler (Leslie), 2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Land Raider)
Occupation
Warehouse Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I’m currently in the same boat. Everything was good up the the point where I placed my order. Then the customer service began severely lacking. Ignored texts, emails, etc. I get immediate answers when I show up at the dealer which is only 5 mins away, but I don’t want to be THAT guy. Seriously poor service considering a 50K purchase.

OP
OP
xavier296

xavier296

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
US Navy
I hate to hear that I'm not the only one. Don't these salesman know that we will most likely buy more vehicles in the future, and bad service will not lead to us coming back??

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@xavier296

Have a very polite, not confrontational, conversation with the Sales Manager as soon as possible... mention to him what you have voiced here.

Tell the SM, that you will be mentioning all the negatives in your post purchase/delivery day SURVEY to Fiat Chrysler America and in a Facebook post on their Facebook page. IF this does not hit home so to speak with the SM, then go and tell the same to the dealership General Manager and or Owner.

Do this and you will see the sales guy suddenly be treating you a whole different way. Sales Manager knows dealership will take a big hit if you do as you told him you would do... Sales Manager will undoubtedly tell his nitwit Salesperson to cater to you a bit more.

OP
OP
xavier296

xavier296

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
US Navy
@Rhinebeck01

Thank you. This is what I planned on doing, just wanted to get some other opinions from an enthusiast group.

suzookus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
My dealer “bribed” me with a set of all weather mats to make sure they got top marks on their survey. They didn’t have to because they did a great job for me but after that I made sure I did the survey and txt my sales person when I did it. Win, win for everyone. :)

OP
OP
xavier296

xavier296

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
US Navy
Decided that a fight wasn’t worth it, so I haven’t contacted my salesman for 8 days. Asked today if they had an ETA yet since Jeep chat stopped having updates after it shipped. He responded by saying he would check. Then nothing. I do not expect him to get back to me in the morning. Customer service is dead, especially here in the Seattle area.

grapesie

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Rubicon Hard Rock
Terrible to hear that, Jeep Chat was great until shipping, and my dealer (Jim Marsh) has been great since then. On the bright side, you’ll be in your ride soon!

Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Get used to it. This is normal with jeep salesman for the most part. Their job is to sell jeeps, he sees yours as sold, and is busy with other customers. Once you have the von/vin there isn't a reason to hound them. You can get the information through jeep chat. Jeeps average 6-8 weeks to arrive. No reason to constantly call prior to that time frame. It won't speed up the process.

cram501

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Mojito! Moab
Get used to it. This is normal with jeep salesman for the most part. Their job is to sell jeeps, he sees yours as sold, and is busy with other customers. Once you have the von/vin there isn't a reason to hound them. You can get the information through jeep chat. Jeeps average 6-8 weeks to arrive. No reason to constantly call prior to that time frame. It won't speed up the process.
There is no reason to accept this as normal. My purchase and support was excellent.

@Rhinebeck01 offered the right approach.

If they don't improve after you've talked to the SM and/or the DM, make sure you answer the Jeep survey accordingly.

cram501

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Mojito! Moab
Decided that a fight wasn’t worth it, so I haven’t contacted my salesman for 8 days. Asked today if they had an ETA yet since Jeep chat stopped having updates after it shipped. He responded by saying he would check. Then nothing. I do not expect him to get back to me in the morning. Customer service is dead, especially here in the Seattle area.
I would contact the sales manager and quit dealing with the salesman. Make that clear to the SM.
Sponsored