jmm11116

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Hello all!

I have been trying to figure out the timing for ordering a new JLUR and I'm getting antsy, wanting to send that email to start the process. I'm currently deployed and I'm supposed to return around the middle part of October, so around 14-15 weeks from today (30 June). I have spoken with Daniel at Gupton and as off a couple weeks ago, he stated that orders are getting delivered around 8-10 weeks from date of order.

I have been reading these forums and see the delay with the Gorilla Glass has started to ease, however, LED lighting may be the next delay to the assembly lines. Right now, it looks like the orders with GG are averaging to be delivered to dealerships around the 3 month timeframe but those orders were placed back in early May.

Here is my order for reference:

'21 JLUR in Snazzberry
2.0L 4 banger
Paint match fenders
Gorilla Glass
Standard Rubicon wheels
Black 3-Piece hardtop
8.4" Uconnect
Alpine sound
Cargo Group with rail system
Remote start
Remote prox keyless entry
Advanced Safety Group
Trailer tow and HD electrical group
Safety Group
LED lighting
Cold weather group

Daniel said that they only allow the vehicles to be kept at the dealership for up to two weeks.

I know I'm being impatient but this will be my first new vehicle as well as my first Wrangler so I'm barely able to contain my excitement. On top of that, ordering this would be a sign of me starting the process of getting home and I have nothing else better to do here than look at these forums and watch YouTube videos when I'm not at work.

What I don't want to happen is wait too long and the price go up or the delays take longer than they currently are. I'm hoping that someone has some insider knowledge about the building process with orders that are going in currently or know of any other delays or even if the estimated order times are starting to go down now that the GG orders are getting into production. As it stands now, I'm thinking about sending that starting email to get the process going around mid-July.

Any help is greatly appreciate! I look forward to joining the cool kids club!
Sponsored

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
Can you order it now and have someone pick it up for you and garage store it until you return?

Thank you for your service and safe travels.

OP
OP
jmm11116

jmm11116

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Thanks, Mike.

Maybe but I would rather not ask that of someone because it's so far from where I live. Its probably a multi day trip, depending on who I ask.
Sponsored