Advanced Cruise Control

J-Gator

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara with Power Top
Just giving my opinion as it may help others that are doing research. I'm really impressed with the ACC system of the Jeep. I live in South Florida and on the highway a fair amount. The system keeps that gap small enough (on close setting) that cars just don't slide in. It slows down naturally and then speeds up quickly especially when going into an open lane. I have used the Honda system and the Jeep is better (although the lane keeping is nice in the Honda). Just one person's opinion ;) I almost didn't order and bought a 2019 without it. That and the one touch roof has made the Jeep a better car to use every day.
Sponsored

Gonzanc

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLURD, '76 FJ40, '17 BMW 650i Gran coupe
Just giving my opinion as it may help others that are doing research. I'm really impressed with the ACC system of the Jeep. I live in South Florida and on the highway a fair amount. The system keeps that gap small enough (on close setting) that cars just don't slide in. It slows down naturally and then speeds up quickly especially when going into an open lane. I have used the Honda system and the Jeep is better (although the lane keeping is nice in the Honda). Just one person's opinion ;) I almost didn't order and bought a 2019 without it. That and the one touch roof has made the Jeep a better car to use every day.
this is great to hear as I was debating whether or not to get it on the ā€˜20 I just ordered. Glad I did!

Token

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
+1
Love the advanced cruise control. Use it a lot!

They can't put lane keep assist in the JLs
With all of the steering wandering and looseness, that system would probably explode! LOL

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
The ACC in my 19 JLUR works great. It was the one option I got that I was on the fence about. Glad I got it.

KnG818

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon
....CAR???!!!!!!

:headbang::swear::computerrage::swear::headbang::computerrage::headbang::swear::computerrage::angry::surprised::surprised::headbang::angry::computerrage::headbang::headbang::computerrage::angry::swear::angry::punch::swear::computerrage::punch::headbang::computerrage::angry::computerrage::headbang::swear::punch::computerrage::stop::headbang::swear::punch::computerrage::stop::headbang::angry::punch::swear::computerrage::headbang::punch::angry::swear::computerrage::stop::headbang::swear::punch::angry::computerrage::angry::headbang::punch::angry::headbang::computerrage::punch::swear::headbang::angry::computerrage::punch::headbang::swear::angry::computerrage::punch::headbang::swear::punch::swear::punch::computerrage::stop::angry::stop::computerrage::angry::swear::punch::headbang::swear::punch::stop::computerrage::headbang::computerrage::swear::angry::punch::angry::stop::computerrage::headbang::swear::punch::angry::computerrage::headbang::swear:

Sponsored

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
Just for reference, itā€™s adaptive cruise control, and I think it works great. Happy to have gotten the option.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Is adding FCA's adaptive cruise control to JLs produced either prior to it being an option, or ones sold when the feature was purchasable but that didn't get the option, something, within reason, doable by a dealer?

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
Do you use adaptive cruise control just on the freeway? I didnā€™t want it but it was part of the package I wanted. I never use cruise control and donā€™t know anything about adaptive cruise control but my friend said it was a really cool feature so Iā€™d love to try using it.

Howi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2019
Is adding FCA's adaptive cruise control to JLs produced either prior to it being an option, or ones sold when the feature was purchasable but that didn't get the option, something, within reason, doable by a dealer?
would be interested also but suspect not as a distance sensor would be required somewhere ? (Laser?)

Sponsored

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I've got to imagine its cost prohibitive to add afterwards. Not only do you need the electronics in the box behind the rearview mirror added, I think it's a different rear view mirror. The windshield is different because the black outline around the outer edge goes around the box. Then theres extra buttons on the steering wheel. That's just what's easy to see.

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Do you use adaptive cruise control just on the freeway? I didnā€™t want it but it was part of the package I wanted. I never use cruise control and donā€™t know anything about adaptive cruise control but my friend said it was a really cool feature so Iā€™d love to try using it.
Primarily on highways, but I also use it on some secondary roads that are known to be speed traps to make sure I'm not speeding. It's also nice to use when in a convoy with other jeeps going on a ride to the trails just to keep the distance between the vehicle in front of me uniform.
Sponsored