Sponsored

Adjustable LCA brands

srt20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
Wow, the amount of different adjustable LCA is staggering! And the price differences is huge.

I want adjustable LCA's. The reason for adjustable is because right now the jeep is not lifted, but it will be 2" in somewhat near future. And if Im honest with myself and my buying habits, its very possible it might end up with a 3.5" lift at some point.

I dont want to cheap out, but $200 to $500 is a huge price range. I will have a pretty hard time forking over $500 for LCA unless it can be proven those LCA are $300 better than the cheap ones. Also need to consider the bend for tire clearance.

My Jeep is a JLUR with 35"x12.5x17 KO on 4.75" BS wheels. May go to 37" at some point but not soon. We are not extreme rock crawlers, but use the Jeep as a Jeep. Its been to Moab, San Juans, and many northern Rocky mountain trails so far. Though most of it miles are pavement miles. Lots of interstate highway getting out west.

I think the Jeep drives fine currently, but I have logged lots of miles on a solid axle 2500 Dodge 4x4 that required constant attention and correction on any road. My wife has no issues with the way it drives either.

Any good suggestions?
Sponsored

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Some joint ends have better offset movement for flexibility, adding to cost and maintenance. I have found Synergy Dual Durometer Bushings sufficient for my style wheeling. They have over 45K on them with 37" tires and lots of offroading. The pinch bolt clamping (vs jam nut) has never come loose. If you want maximum flex, look else where.

OP
OP
srt20

srt20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
Some joint ends have better offset movement for flexibility, adding to cost and maintenance. I have found Synergy Dual Durometer Bushings sufficient for my style wheeling. They have over 45K on them with 37" tires and lots of offroading. The pinch bolt clamping (vs jam nut) has never come loose. If you want maximum flex, look else where.
Thanks!
I prefer less maintenance. I am pretty happy with the amount of flex the stock Jeep has. I dont need anything crazy. I won't be doing anything extreme.

I do plan on "tinkering" with the castor angle to get it to drive the way I like. I dont think its probably that difficult to drop the adjustable end to adjust them, but if its a huge time saver then maybe adjustable while bolted up is the way to go?