Adding an Aftermarket Amp(s)

Theitalian81

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep cherokee
I have a 21 cherokee going to keep factory stereo and speakers for now just want to add a amp what is the best way to wire a LOC?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Sting_NC_USA

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 21 cherokee going to keep factory stereo and speakers for now just want to add a amp what is the best way to wire a LOC?
PAC AmpPRO. You'll need new speakers in about a week.

Nick C.

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
It’s looks like the resistors in the link aren’t available anymore, will any resistor with those specs work? I’m halfway through upgrading all the speakers in my car and adding an amp and I didn’t realize I had to trick the uconnect with the resistance until tonight. Thank you so much for the help!

OP
OP
Sting_NC_USA

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
It’s looks like the resistors in the link aren’t available anymore, will any resistor with those specs work? I’m halfway through upgrading all the speakers in my car and adding an amp and I didn’t realize I had to trick the uconnect with the resistance until tonight. Thank you so much for the help!
Hey Nick, yes the specs are the key for choosing resistors. If you are using the PAC, you don't need to use them. Good luck with your install!

AustrianOak82

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Willys
Pardon my stupid question, but I have a '22 on the way, no Alpine. I was going to swap all of the speakers, amp them, and also add an existing sub that I have.

Would I need the LLC or would my Audio Control Lc2i suffice? I get confused on the two. Thanks!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Sting_NC_USA

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Pardon my stupid question, but I have a '22 on the way, no Alpine. I was going to swap all of the speakers, amp them, and also add an existing sub that I have.

Would I need the LLC or would my Audio Control Lc2i suffice? I get confused on the two. Thanks!
Given the high degree of stock equalization, you really should consider an LLC with some form of DSP processing (PAC AmpPRO, JL Fix86, etc.).

If you were only planning to run a sub, the LC2i would be fine.

Kidcia

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
Anyone interested in a custom box from frostbite audio. 12” Downfiring kicker l7 and it was built to fit in a 2 doors trunk. With space on top. Can possibly add a gpca cargo cover to hide it. I paid 650 total. Just looking to load my new ram. Ill take $400 for the box with sub. I only used it about a month befor I had to take all my stuff out and wait 9 months for the dealer to give me back a problem jeep.

path0s

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
I was curious, when hooking the pacamp up, you run your rcas to the amp for fronts/rears, remote(if needed) and the typical power and ground.

And then it's still the typical running speaker wire from amp to each component? (Kicks and sound bar)

I haven't been able to find much information on the 8.4 being able to power 6.5". Maybe not even run a pacamp?

If so, I might just go with some focal rcx-165s, as they're 60rms @ 4ohms. I've searched high and low to try to find how many ohms each channel runs at, and what rms.

OP
OP
Sting_NC_USA

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
@Sting_NC_USA is your buddy still doing orders and shipping? I was wondering if he would do a package for pacamp, amp, rcas, power kit, kicks and soundbar. All in 6.5".

I'll still be using the oem premium sub.

Also I was curious, when hooking the pacamp up, you run your rcas to the amp for fronts/rears, remote(if needed) and the typical power and ground.

And then it's still the typical running speaker wire from amp to each component? (Kicks and sound bar)
Hey Mike, yes, Travis helps our members regularly. Give him a call when you have a moment.

And yes also to your questions. There's a way to utilize the stock wiring, but I just can't recommend it due to the wire gauge and how the Mopar wiring splits.

path0s

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Hey Mike, yes, Travis helps our members regularly. Give him a call when you have a moment.

And yes also to your questions. There's a way to utilize the stock wiring, but I just can't recommend it due to the wire gauge and how the Mopar wiring splits.
I edited my post probably when you were typing that. Was curious if the oem amp for the 8.4 has it to power 6.5s in the kick panels and soundbar?

It sounds like others have done it and it has worked quite well? Looking at focal rcx 165s, 4 ohm, 60rms for the dash, and some components for the soundbar with ssv templates.

Sponsored

path0s

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Found my answer about the oem amp. 4 ohms is only 10 rms. So pacamp it is with aftermarket. đź‘Ť

OP
OP
Sting_NC_USA

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Found my answer about the oem amp. 4 ohms is only 10 rms. So pacamp it is with aftermarket. đź‘Ť
You nailed it! Have fun with it!

path0s

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
You nailed it! Have fun with it!
When using the pacamp, if you don't use a channel, will the oem speakers still receive signal and play?

For instance, I only plan to plug in kicks and soundbar.

Tweeters in dash will stay as well as oem sub.

OP
OP
Sting_NC_USA

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
When using the pacamp, if you don't use a channel, will the oem speakers still receive signal and play?

For instance, I only plan to plug in kicks and soundbar.

Tweeters in dash will stay as well as oem sub.
I believe the PAC comes with a wiring harness that allows you to pass a signal back through the stock speaker wires. Haven't done that myself, but check the manual, and you'll see what I'm referencing. The thought is, you would simply pass the stock signal back into the appropriate wires in that harness. Maybe someone else here has done something similar that can contribute.

RSK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Wrangler 2015 Renegade 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Senior Director of Engineering & Facilities
I believe the PAC comes with a wiring harness that allows you to pass a signal back through the stock speaker wires. Haven't done that myself, but check the manual, and you'll see what I'm referencing. The thought is, you would simply pass the stock signal back into the appropriate wires in that harness. Maybe someone else here has done something similar that can contribute.
Yes, that is correct. Pac Audio harness will also allow you to use the OEM signal and speakers. I’m still running the OEM Sub and a Kicker HS8 Sub signal off the existing amp and signal from the OEM wiring, while running two amps to other speakers through the Pac harness to the Ampro module. You just connect the smaller plugs on the PAC harness and the OEM smaller plug. Not to be confused with the bigger plugs.

The yellow arrow is pointing to the smaller plugs to connect to retain the OEM speakers and signal.

I hope this helps answer your question.

Jeep Wrangler JL Adding an Aftermarket Amp(s) F17BEEA8-218A-4A1B-8249-1C2BED78513F
Sponsored