msandhu413

First Name
MS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
Hello all.
I have the basic radio unit with the knobs on my JL - which i like; since most music will be via bluetooth, anyway. But i like to able to improve the sound quality. I did upgrade all the speakers but that did not help much.
Now what are my options of adding a small amp and a subwoofer - Is there any wiring diagram available to do such a modification. Also, is the next level radio on JL improvement on the sound or just bigger screen and more features.
Thanks
Mac
Sponsored

Gaust

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 2018 Renegade Trailhawk
What is the sound lacking after you replaced all the speakers? What speakers did you install and did you add an amplifier to them?

OP
OP

msandhu413

First Name
MS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
got all 6 JL Audio including the in dash speakers. No amp or no sub but i like to add an amp and sub. And need some help finding correct wire harness and if it will work. thanks

Gaust

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you install coax or components in the front? There’s a few posts showing the location and color of wires in the rear sound bar. Make sure to run a power wire to the battery, grommet in the firewall, and put a fuse close to the battery.

OP
OP

msandhu413

First Name
MS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
did all that. ALso have the wire from the battery with fuse but need some instructions or link to correct wire harness to add a amp and a subwoofer.

Sponsored

Gaust

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You should be able to find the info in the sticky titled “Adding an Aftermarket Amp”

Hitdog540

First Name
Howie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2015BMW 550xi
Occupation
Retired
Hello all.
I have the basic radio unit with the knobs on my JL - which i like; since most music will be via bluetooth, anyway. But i like to able to improve the sound quality. I did upgrade all the speakers but that did not help much.
Now what are my options of adding a small amp and a subwoofer - Is there any wiring diagram available to do such a modification. Also, is the next level radio on JL improvement on the sound or just bigger screen and more features.
Thanks
Mac
Speakers alone do nothing...you need more power to get the most out of them. I added a 10" JL Audio sub and a JL Audio amp...sounds amazing! Need the amp and sub...you'll be happy!
Sponsored