Active Safety & ACC with Manual

kimjong_dyl_an

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler
So I'm looking at finally upgrading my 2007 Xterra with a 2 door Sport Wrangler with M/T. My current vehicle doesn't have any bells and whistles, but having so many options with the Wrangler has me thinking. On the Jeep website it says the Active Safety Group and the Adaptive Cruise Control are unavailable on some configurations, but doesn't say what those are. If I go with the manual transmission, will these features be functional or be a watered down version?
Sponsored

JoeValkIS

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon, 2019 Can Am Spyder F3T
Vehicle Showcase
So, I just went through the online "Build your Jeep" tool on the Jeep Website and it let me select the Active Safety and Adaptive Cruise Control options with a Manual Transmission. The Active Safety shouldn't matter what transmission is there. It just warns you of obstacles around you. Adaptive Cruise could cause problems with a Manual Transmission if it slows the Jeep down too much. Worse case, it should turn off cruise when it drops too low. I don't have either of these items on my Jeep so I can't tell you for sure. I have not had the regular cruise shut off for going 5-6 mph under setpoint. I don't know if it will shut off but I would think it should at some point before you lug the motor.

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6
So I'm looking at finally upgrading my 2007 Xterra with a 2 door Sport Wrangler with M/T. My current vehicle doesn't have any bells and whistles, but having so many options with the Wrangler has me thinking. On the Jeep website it says the Active Safety Group and the Adaptive Cruise Control are unavailable on some configurations, but doesn't say what those are. If I go with the manual transmission, will these features be functional or be a watered down version?
I don’t think it’s an option on the Sport. I have a Sport and don’t see the controls when I compare my steering wheel to the pics on their site of a Sport S with that option. But it’s not an option for the straight Sport in the configurator.

JoeValkIS

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon, 2019 Can Am Spyder F3T
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t think it’s an option on the Sport. I have a Sport and don’t see the controls when I compare my steering wheel to the pics on their site of a Sport S with that option. But it’s not an option for the straight Sport in the configurator.
Sorry...I mistook that bit of information...I configured a Rubicon. I still suggest using the Build tool.

OP
OP
kimjong_dyl_an

kimjong_dyl_an

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler
Should have been more clear and specified Sport S is the model. I have gone through and built one on the website (a few hundred times probably). I just wondered if anyone had first-hand experience with those features and the manual transmission. My previous manual vehicle didn't even have regular cruise control so I'm just a little in the dark. I appreciate the replies so far, I've been lurking for a long time, but I'm getting closer to finalizing my decision.

Sponsored

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6m, 2019 Acura RDX Adv.
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
I don’t have a Jeep yet but for 2019 can use the build tool. For 2020 you have to look at the online sheets (can find them in the price forums) as I don’t think the build site is updated for 2020 yet.

For a manual the ACC will turn off if it get too slow. When in doubt see if there is one nearby to test drive and see how it works.

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6m, 2019 Acura RDX Adv.
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
I imagine it is very similar to this.

Sponsored