Active safety group error...

Mantacon

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Grey JLUR
Learned something new yesterday. If you have the active safety group and hit the trail, dirt will accumilate on the rear taillight sensors, your mirror warnings will light up, and you will get an error in the gauges that says, blind spot monitoring error, sensors blocked. I wiped the sensors and it went away.
Sponsored

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
ā€˜Merica
Same could happen with snow or ice.

grady2hig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna XLE 4WD
off topic. any more pics of the sting grey? Im debaing sting gray for punkn

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Learned something new yesterday. If you have the active safety group and hit the trail, dirt will accumilate on the rear taillight sensors, your mirror warnings will light up, and you will get an error in the gauges that says, blind spot monitoring error, sensors blocked. I wiped the sensors and it went away.
This also happens if you're wheeling on a narrow road with the side of a mountain or rock real close and constantly next to you. I think if the radar is continually hitting something for a long period of time and the Jeep knows you're moving, it just gives up and spits out that error.

OP
OP
Mantacon

Mantacon

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Grey JLUR
off topic. any more pics of the sting grey? Im debaing sting gray for punkn
Sting grey for the win. Follow me on Instagram. Manta_con. I have only had it for 3 weeks now but I'm posting as I go.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mantacon

Mantacon

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Grey JLUR
This also happens if you're wheeling on a narrow road with the side of a mountain or rock real close and constantly next to you. I think if the radar is continually hitting something for a long period of time and the Jeep knows you're moving, it just gives up and spits out that error.
Thanks for the info.

47Jeepster

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Diesel ... 2018 GC Summit
Occupation
Retired
Have had the blind spot warning come up while running two different trails with brush along the edge. The warning comes on and the mirror indicators light up ... and stay light up. Stop and wipe off the thin layer of dust ... no change. Turn the ignition off and restart the Jeep and everything returns to normal ... 'til the next time.

Problem or normal?

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
Pretty sure it disables in4low. Not sure about hi.
Didnā€™t order it so I didnā€™t read anything in the manual concerning it.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have had the blind spot warning come up while running two different trails with brush along the edge. The warning comes on and the mirror indicators light up ... and stay light up. Stop and wipe off the thin layer of dust ... no change. Turn the ignition off and restart the Jeep and everything returns to normal ... 'til the next time.

Problem or normal?
I'd say it's probably normal. Those radars are for moving objects at slightly greater distances and the fact you're in a narrow spot and its constantly trying to figure out WTF is going on and subsequently giving up is probably by design. IMO, they should disable the entire system at low speeds in 4L. Perhaps that'll be the case in a future software update, but I wouldn't consider it a problem at this point.

Sponsored

lagunajim

Question for you guys with the Advanced Safety Group: are any of the sensors mounted on the MIRRORS ?

I live most of the time without doors, and aftermarket mirrors.. I realize I would lose the blindspot warning if it is in the mirror glass, but otherwise what am I looking at?

Thanks.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Question for you guys with the Advanced Safety Group: are any of the sensors mounted on the MIRRORS ?

I live most of the time without doors, and aftermarket mirrors.. I realize I would lose the blindspot warning if it is in the mirror glass, but otherwise what am I looking at?

Thanks.
No, the sensors are in the tail light assembly.

lagunajim

Excellent. Does the lane-change warning come up as a flashing light in the mirror, or on the dashboard display (or both) and as an audible sound?

szobell

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
Pretty sure it disables in4low. Not sure about hi.
Didnā€™t order it so I didnā€™t read anything in the manual concerning it.
Yes, you are correct that it is turns off in 4low
Sponsored