Ace Sliders Question

LBK454

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Looking at sliders and like the idea of the Ace going over stock JLRU rails. I’ve been looking for the answer but can’t seem to find it - do these require the removal of the dreaded body bolts that seem to cause problems for some owners? Thanks
Sponsored

Sting Ray Rubi

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon Sting Gray, 2018 Honda Accord
Vehicle Showcase
Looking at sliders and like the idea of the Ace going over stock JLRU rails. I’ve been looking for the answer but can’t seem to find it - do these require the removal of the dreaded body bolts that seem to cause problems for some owners? Thanks
Yes, they do. Some have problems with the bolts, and others don't. I personally took my time and fortunately didn't encounter too many problems installing my ace sliders.

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, they do. Some have problems with the bolts, and others don't. I personally took my time and fortunately didn't encounter too many problems installing my ace sliders.
Same here. I used a large torque wrench to break the bolt free, then used an impact drill and a pry bar for the rest. The pry bar was used to keep pressure on the bolt.

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
My issue was almost the opposite. I got them out easily but rethreading was a pain. But with as many people that have them I feel the issues are really a small number. Could be totally wrong though

Sting Ray Rubi

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon Sting Gray, 2018 Honda Accord
Vehicle Showcase
My issue was almost the opposite. I got them out easily but rethreading was a pain. But with as many people that have them I feel the issues are really a small number. Could be totally wrong though
Sounds like the problem I encountered. I had 1 that came out a little tough. The rest were pretty easy, but putting the front 2 back in were terrible.
I think the retainers for both the front bolts got mangled when they came out. I had to use a flashlight and screwdriver to locate and move them out of the way

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
I think the best advice is go slow be careful, back the bolt back in and out if acting funny. Little heat won’t hurt. Depends on how much red loctite was on original bolts, Slapping a strong impact gun or giant breaker bar here can create extra work.
Sponsored