8 days in and.....

DanPop

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl Unlimited Sport S
..... I have found my first pet peeve on my Sport S. The damn power window switches. Who ever thought putting the on the dash vs door panel was a good idea? And one-touch-down, bravo, but why no one-touch-up?
Sponsored

Bubba33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jeep wrangler Sahara JL
..... I have found my first pet peeve on my Sport S. The damn power window switches. Who ever thought putting the on the dash vs door panel was a good idea? And one-touch-down, bravo, but why no one-touch-up?

Well what would you do with front doors off.

BlairF

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS-S Mojito! - 2014 Challenger RT Classic (SuperCharged) - 2016 Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Technology Incident Management
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, i would guess this was because the doors come off. BUT also come off in any possible combination.

Bubba33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, i would guess this was because the doors come off. BUT also come off in any possible combination.

We usually just take off front doors. So we still roll up back ones to keep stuff from moving around.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
As flat as these doors are adding four more switches to that door will make it impractical to find the right button if its dark in the Jeep. Plus the door lock switch is in a pretty inconvenient place on the door as well..

Sponsored

ZONA.OVRLND

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 392 Hemi Wrangler - Follow on IG @ zona.ovrlnd
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Agree with the auto window up part. It's annoying that you can't roll them up automatically but you can roll them automatically.

Aside from that, it being in the middle rather than on the doors...i mean, with all due respect, just get used to it. At first when i got my JK years, ago, i had that initial thought, but then got used to it and never thought about it again.

OP
OP

DanPop

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl Unlimited Sport S
Is that a serious answer? So you're saying that if the doors are off you wouldn't be able to roll down the windows because the switch is on the doors? Guess what.... If the doors are off so are damn windows. So at that point what good are those switches on the dash?

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Is that a serious answer? So you're saying that if the doors are off you wouldn't be able to roll down the windows because the switch is on the doors? Guess what.... If the doors are off so are damn windows. So at that point what good are those switches on the dash?
Because if you take the front doors off and leave the back ones on you can still control the windows on the back doors, or any combination thereof.

Bubba33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

If that was to me , you didn't really think that through. Not everybody takes off the back doors.

Jmonroe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and a '99 Camaro SS convertible I bought new
Occupation
Retired
This took getting used to when we got our first JK, but we soon did. We liked the fact that our dogs couldn't accidentally lower the rear windows

Sponsored

phatjoe

First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Powerwagon, 2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Funny because I actually like the placement of the window switches.....

BlairF

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS-S Mojito! - 2014 Challenger RT Classic (SuperCharged) - 2016 Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Technology Incident Management
Vehicle Showcase
Take a breath, calm down... People are just explaining it to you... you asked.

MACCTM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, Honda Fury motorcycle, Infiniti QX30
I say all the time to people "They put the switches on the dash because how would you roll windows down if you had the doors off". They say oh that makes sense....wait..what? Then we laugh.
Sponsored