Sponsored

5 days, 800 miles

Rosco P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeepless at the moment.
This thread will be pretty much pointless.

I am smitten with the JL. I loved my JK so all these improvements have made me literally giddy.

I’ve done all my weekly driving in it since I picked it Monday at lunch. I have been nothing but impressed. I’ve been in driving rain, 40mph crosswinds, freezing cold, and 65 degree sun (typical week in NC winter weather) and have no problems to report. It handles all of it better than the JK. The tires are great, it definitely has a tighter turn radius than my JK on 315s and is better in town. Cameras and park sense makes life sooooooo much better. The 8 speed makes the 3.6 seem more eager and it has been super smooth.

I did 680 miles before going back to the dealer and actually paying for it. They considered it a test drive and added 680 as my in service mileage.

Gas mileage has hung just below 17 average. Mix of interstate and local highways with some city stuff.

No leaks.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Rosco P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeepless at the moment.
You may get that if you keep it at the posted limits. It definitely doesn’t like 75-80.

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)
Thanks for the update! 17 isnt too bad either with mixed driving. im really hoping that 23mpg stays true during my highway trips
Love your name:cwl::cwl:

will1111

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
I'm for sure going to miss my 26 mpg but 17 isn't bad at all. My highway driving is about 20% so I expect it to be a tad lower but who gets a Wrangler and expect good mpg? :giggle:

I might start taking the freeway to work thou. There is a 2 mile difference from taking the streets (straight shot and a couple turns) from taking the freeway. And as a law abiding citizen, I keep it at posted speeds :lipssealed:

Sponsored

OP
OP

Rosco P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeepless at the moment.
Why not? I live out west where the interstates move at 80. My JK does okay at that speed. What is the JL like at 80?
It runs great, just eats gas. Especially if you’re running alone or in anything but a tailwind.

OP
OP

Rosco P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeepless at the moment.
Running around today I stayed off the interstates where also drive 78-81 and ran 60-65 on 4 lanes and got 20 or so...

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer

I am smitten with the JL. I loved my JK so all these improvements have made me literally giddy.

I’ve done all my weekly driving in it since I picked it Monday at lunch. I have been nothing but impressed. I’ve been in driving rain, 40mph crosswinds, freezing cold, and 65 degree sun (typical week in NC winter weather) and have no problems to report. It handles all of it better than the JK. The tires are great, it definitely has a tighter turn radius than my JK on 315s and is better in town. Cameras and park sense makes life sooooooo much better. The 8 speed makes the 3.6 seem more eager and it has been super smooth.

I did 680 miles before going back to the dealer and actually paying for it. They considered it a test drive and added 680 as my in service mileage.

Gas mileage has hung just below 17 average. Mix of interstate and local highways with some city stuff.

No leaks.
What is your build?

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-

No leaks.
17 mpg is quite a bit lower than any of the EPA ratings.

Sponsored

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
Aren't the EPA ratings based off the base model Sport? The Rubicon's 4.10 gearing and 33" tires are definitely going to perform worse in that department.
Correct, heard/read somewhere recently that Sahara and Rubicon are both irrelevant to EPA calculations.
Sponsored