First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe, 1996 ZJ Laredo
Occupation
Home Builder, Remodeler
Looking to tow with my 4xe. Dealer says there isn't a specified wiring harness for it yet and has no ETA. What's everyone doing?
Sponsored

lindaspins

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Rubicon Hard Rock
We went with the factory package. I'm not sure how different it might be from a regular JL?

OP
OP

K-Bar

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Home Builder, Remodeler
We went with the factory package. I'm not sure how different it might be from a regular JL?
Dealer said with the 4xe it might be a resistance thing, but just guessing. Didn't get a real answer on why the standard one wouldn't work. Also the service guy said that they would need to program it to activate it if I installed it. This was before he checked to see if there was one that was specified for the 4xe.

OP
OP

K-Bar

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Home Builder, Remodeler

Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Funny, just looking at their website now. Was going to ask them. If it's not factory would I need them to flash the computer? Thanks for the suggestion.
No flash needed.

OP
OP

K-Bar

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Home Builder, Remodeler
No flash needed.
Thanks, I believe you that it worked for your 4xe, but wondering why it says on the product page that it does not work for the 4xe? Did you have to do anything differently to get it to work?
Jeep Wrangler JL 4xe trailer tow hitch wiring harness? Screenshot 2022-02-10 074557

sconrad24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Willys JKU, 2021 4XE
It says does not fit. I would take that to mean that there might be an issue with the routing of the wires. I don’t read it as incompatible. Call quadratec. They have great customer service.

OP
OP

K-Bar

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Home Builder, Remodeler
It says does not fit. I would take that to mean that there might be an issue with the routing of the wires. I don’t read it as incompatible. Call quadratec. They have great customer service.
Thanks for your help. Waiting on a reply from them.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
No idea. I checked and I actually used their kit that includes the reciever hitch:
Jeep Wrangler JL 4xe trailer tow hitch wiring harness? 1644500651847

Worked fine for me, haven't done a ton of towing, but rented a camper and towed it a couple hundred miles with no issues.

Sponsored

OP
OP

K-Bar

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Home Builder, Remodeler
OK, I talked to Dan over at Quadratec and he said he'd send it to me and if I had a problem he'd take it back even though it says it won't work. So, I think I'll order it and wire it up outside the Jeep for a test. I'll report back my findings. Thanks GATORB8 for letting me know it worked for you, so here's hoping it works for me.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
OK, I talked to Dan over at Quadratec and he said he'd send it to me and if I had a problem he'd take it back even though it says it won't work. So, I think I'll order it and wire it up outside the Jeep for a test. I'll report back my findings. Thanks GATORB8 for letting me know it worked for you, so here's hoping it works for me.
I'm sure it will. Make sure the connectors at the lights seat all the way. If you get a blind spot error or tail light issue, that's what it is.

The rear section goes quickly and is plug and play, the only other connection is the power run up to the battery that runs up the frame rail and up into the engine compartment.

I have my connector tucked up between the frame and the bumper since I added a 7 way RV plug converter to the end and didn't want to drag it off road.

If you got their hitch too, it comes with a little bracket that is fine for the 4-flat.

OP
OP

K-Bar

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Home Builder, Remodeler
I'm sure it will. Make sure the connectors at the lights seat all the way. If you get a blind spot error or tail light issue, that's what it is.

The rear section goes quickly and is plug and play, the only other connection is the power run up to the battery that runs up the frame rail and up into the engine compartment.

I have my connector tucked up between the frame and the bumper since I added a 7 way RV plug converter to the end and didn't want to drag it off road.

If you got their hitch too, it comes with a little bracket that is fine for the 4-flat.
Thanks again. I'm an idiot and bought the Mopar hitch when I bought the Jeep, now I look and see I could have saved a lot of $ with Quadratec and got that nice 4 flat bracket feature.

OP
OP

K-Bar

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Home Builder, Remodeler
OK, I got the Quadratec trailer wiring harness (see screenshot) yesterday and installed it today - it works! Again this is on my 2021 JLUR 4xe. My trailer is an aluminum open 6 1/2' x 12' equipment trailer with 2 LED taillights. There are no other running lights etc. Also, FYI, Mopar got back to me today and said their harness# 82216359AA works on the 4xe. I went to their site https://store.mopar.com/oem-parts/mopar-trailer-tow-wiring-harness-82216359aa and searched by my vehicle and it said it doesn't fit my Wrangler (see screenshot). I've sent the screenshot back to Mopar and am waiting on a response. The Quatratec harness was easy enough to install, but is only a 4-pin. If you need a 7 pin you may want to give the Mopar one a try. I'll post back when they respond again. Thanks again #GATORB8 for the recommendation.
Jeep Wrangler JL 4xe trailer tow hitch wiring harness? MoparTrailerHarness
Jeep Wrangler JL 4xe trailer tow hitch wiring harness? Quadratec wiring harness

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
OK, I got the Quadratec trailer wiring harness (see screenshot) yesterday and installed it today - it works! Again this is on my 2021 JLUR 4xe. My trailer is an aluminum open 6 1/2' x 12' equipment trailer with 2 LED taillights. There are no other running lights etc. Also, FYI, Mopar got back to me today and said their harness# 82216359AA works on the 4xe. I went to their site https://store.mopar.com/oem-parts/mopar-trailer-tow-wiring-harness-82216359aa and searched by my vehicle and it said it doesn't fit my Wrangler (see screenshot). I've sent the screenshot back to Mopar and am waiting on a response. The Quatratec harness was easy enough to install, but is only a 4-pin. If you need a 7 pin you may want to give the Mopar one a try. I'll post back when they respond again. Thanks again #GATORB8 for the recommendation.
MoparTrailerHarness.jpg
Quadratec wiring harness.jpg
This may come in handy if you need an RV 7 way, but don't need reverse or battery charging (although you can hook up the leads if you need it):
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001EP0HPI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Sponsored