4xe Hitch options

Zombienation

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara stingray
Looking to hear what 4xe owners are using for an aftermarket hitch. Seems not all jl hitches work. For example the Quadratech one says not for 4xe.

just need it for a bike rack and dirt bike carrier. Easy install preferred!
Sponsored

Krones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
I'm not sure why it says the Quadratec 2" receiver hitch won't fit. I bought it for my '20 JL Willys, and when I traded it in I took it off and put it on my '21 4xe Sahara and it fit just fine. Very easy.

DurangoRob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
I was just looking at this same topic as well, and I came across this post from last month, and there were other users who also had success with the Quadratec hitch and harness.

OP
OP
Zombienation

Zombienation

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara stingray
Ya, pretty strange they would list like that when apparently it fits. What is actually different on the 4xe vs normal Sahara hitch area?

C2D2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I purchased a Rubicon take-off receiver to put on my son’s Sahara 4XE. It fit perfectly if this helps. Both are/were plastic bumpers but I don’t think that makes a difference.

Sponsored

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
Went MOPAR with mine as I'm taking the Jeep with me overseas later in the year and had to keep all mods OEM to avoid trouble on import permits. Went on in 15 minutes with no issues!

OP
OP
Zombienation

Zombienation

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara stingray
Sounds like the consensus is most will work, going to pick one up and give it a shot

PolyFan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 4xe Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I'm seeing $88.25 at this URL... and I want to ensure the hitch works with the stock plastic step bumber. I hear Quadratec specifically references which on to use with the step bumper.

fcsallan

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JL 4Xe
Occupation
Manager of ones and zero's
I'm seeing $88.25 at this URL... and I want to ensure the hitch works with the stock plastic step bumber. I hear Quadratec specifically references which on to use with the step bumper.
It changes nearly daily, todays price:
Jeep Wrangler JL 4xe Hitch options hitch

Sponsored

TK8286

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
this is a no brainer.
Trailer Tow Receiver Kit - Mopar (68240905AA)
$58.99
https://store.mopar.com/oem-parts/mopar-trailer-tow-receiver-kit-68240905aa?
This is the one I used on my 2021 rubicon 4xe. I have Rubicon steel bumpers. It works with no issues. It pained me, but I did order two molar bolts. I could have sourced them locally, but I wanted them to match and the look like they are galvanized for corrosion protection.
There was a spacer plate between the rear cross member and the steel bumper. It came out and the hitch plate replaced it.

The descriptions were confusing as to whether they fit. This part number does.

RleeA

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 4xe
Looking to hear what 4xe owners are using for an aftermarket hitch. Seems not all jl hitches work. For example the Quadratech one says not for 4xe.

just need it for a bike rack and dirt bike carrier. Easy install preferred!
just installed this Mopar hitch on my ‘22’ 4xe Sahara w/plastic bumper. Really easy install. Need to torque to 67 ft/lbs if using it for anything other that a bike rack.
https://www.cjponyparts.com/mopar-hitch-receiver-assembly-kit-jeep-wrangler-jl-2018-2022/p/82215209/

OP
OP
Zombienation

Zombienation

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara stingray
Update to an old thread:
Picked up the Tyger hitch from Amazon based on a lot of reviews. Tyger Auto TG-HC2J003B Hitch & Cover Kit Compatible with 2018-2022 Jeep Wrangler JL/JLU (Incl. 2020-22 Diesel engine/21-22 4xe) Factory Style 2 inch Rear Receiver Hitch Tow Towing Trailer Hitch https://a.co/d/bPBx2hA

Install was super easy as long as you follow the instructions and use the right tools. I needed a big ratchet to break the factory bolts loose then my electric ratchet to finish. With the bracket be sure to remove the small bolts to loosen it to fit in the hitch. YouTube is always helpful. This is mainly going to be used for a bike rack.

44052760-F9A9-486F-989F-B3AFDCBC2659.jpeg

SOON

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys 4XE
I just got a Willys 4xe this week. I’m looking for a hitch to put on. For right now just to carry a couple bikes. But I’d like to have one with a wiring kit to eventually tow a jet ski. I’ve heard debates about being able to tap into the break lights or having to run the wiring all the way up front. I apologize if this question has been answered in another thread. Couldn’t find it if it’s out there.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
I just got a Willys 4xe this week. I’m looking for a hitch to put on. For right now just to carry a couple bikes. But I’d like to have one with a wiring kit to eventually tow a jet ski. I’ve heard debates about being able to tap into the break lights or having to run the wiring all the way up front. I apologize if this question has been answered in another thread. Couldn’t find it if it’s out there.
Bit of a combo. With the LEDs, you cant pull full amps for the trailer circuit from the tails or you'll error out. The four flat kits will pull all the signal from the tails, but will need a 12 volt source to provide the relayed power to the trailer lights. Normally this means a single wire run to the battery positive.
Sponsored