Sponsored

4xe real mpg, tank range?

Jonnie4xe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Sahara
Just drove from the Adirondacks to NJ averaging 75mlh. Only got 245 miles before having to refill. Maybe there was another 25 in the tank. I was also running esave and left 5 in the battery. So Highway driving at high speed, the 4xe is getting 275 miles of total range and perhaps 16mpg. Fortunately I do mostly short commutes 100% electric (roughly equal to 49 mpg) and the all electric driving experience is superb IMO, so overall a very happy customer, but don’t be surprised if you find yourself in the high teens on mpg if you are on the highway a lot.
Sponsored

ras815

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe
Just drove from the Adirondacks to NJ averaging 75mlh. Only got 245 miles before having to refill. Maybe there was another 25 in the tank. I was also running esave and left 5 in the battery. So Highway driving at high speed, the 4xe is getting 275 miles of total range and perhaps 16mpg. Fortunately I do mostly short commutes 100% electric (roughly equal to 49 mpg) and the all electric driving experience is superb IMO, so overall a very happy customer, but don’t be surprised if you find yourself in the high teens on mpg if you are on the highway a lot.
Why do you use e-save? The hybrid mode is designed to optimize for all driving situations. From what I can tell, e-save is mostly detrimental to overall consumption.

4xe Rubicon

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe Rubicon
Switching to E-Save "Hold" with 5 miles of battery showing on the display is an awesome feature and is similar to carrying around spare "fuel can" albeit a much heavier "can".
Pretty nice option for a long highway drive in case you underestimate your next gas station by a few miles.
No MPG difference than when driving around at <1% showing on the display. The vehicle still uses and replenishes the battery as it sees fit while working to keep your manually set 5 miles of reserve. Run out of gas and it seamlessly switches over to the battery.

E-Save "Hold" might be considered somewhat less efficient though. But based on my personal testing, it takes over 700 miles or 11hrs of driving on the interstate to go from <1% to 95% on the display gaining at a rate of -1 to -5 kWh.
I think environmental factors like wind and terrain will have a significantly bigger effect on MPG than E-Save "Charge".

N8213

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 4XE, 20 C8, 20 Indian, 55 Studebaker truck
A lot depends on your driving as well. Usually we drive our rubicon 4xe mainly around town , use the battery a lot and gas very little. I drove it from sc to Ky and back over the weekend. On the interstate doing 80 I got 25 mpg for the first 50 miles or so until the battery was depleted, then averaged 17 mpg for the rest of the trip. So full tank and no battery at interstate speeds is only good for 250 miles or so.
Sponsored

Last edited: