Actual highway MPG range for 4xe?

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
What is the actual range / mpg people are seeing on long drives? I have about a 220 mile drive after picking mine up tomorrow.

From what I've been reading I've been confused about it dropping down to 20 MPG in gas mode or somewhere around 27 MPG. Some people mention the battery running out but then I've seen others that say it's always in some form of hybrid mode and never goes full gas.
Sponsored

MallBrawler

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JKR, '21 JLUR, '21 Tesla MYP, '22 4XE ordered
Occupation
Jeep Caretaker
What is the actual range / mpg people are seeing on long drives? I have about a 220 mile drive after picking mine up tomorrow.

From what I've been reading I've been confused about it dropping down to 20 MPG in gas mode or somewhere around 27 MPG. Some people mention the battery running out but then I've seen others that say it's always in some form of hybrid mode and never goes full gas.
Congrats on the 4XE, I'm contemplating one myself! Please give us some real world numbers as the numbers they publish are super confusing.... i.e. hybrid with worse highway mileage (after battery depletion) than non hybrid.

OP
OP

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
I'm confused most on the battery depletion. Others have stated even once the battery is depleted it keeps 15% reserve for hybrid operation. Even in esave it still will hybrid from what others have said.

I'd be shocked if hybrid was getting 20 MPG.

I hate highway driving anyway. Like taking my time and back roads.

AmarilloJLU

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4Xe Rubicon on order
I have had mine for a few weeks, about 850 miles on it now. I have the rubicon 4Xe and if I fully charge it and have a full tank of gas the total range is a little over 270 miles. Am I missing something? I thought total range was supposed to be around 370 miles. I get between 24-26 miles on electric only but only about 250 miles in hybrid after electric depletion.

Jehovasfitness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR and '04 Z06
I have had mine for a few weeks, about 850 miles on it now. I have the rubicon 4Xe and if I fully charge it and have a full tank of gas the total range is a little over 270 miles. Am I missing something? I thought total range was supposed to be around 370 miles. I get between 24-26 miles on electric only but only about 250 miles in hybrid after electric depletion.
Dumb question, but did you fill all the way up each time? I know on the new Rav4s many have noted they cannot fill all the way up, there is a design flaw that was corrected for 2021 I believe. Same issue used to happen in my 04 z06 from the bad design of dual tanks. NOt sure if similar issue here.

Sponsored

AmarilloJLU

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dumb question, but did you fill all the way up each time? I know on the new Rav4s many have noted they cannot fill all the way up, there is a design flaw that was corrected for 2021 I believe. Same issue used to happen in my 04 z06 from the bad design of dual tanks. NOt sure if similar issue here.
I fill it as much as the gas pump allows. Even if was a little short where is the remaining 100 miles worth of range going?

Jehovasfitness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR and '04 Z06
I fill it as much as the gas pump allows. Even if was a little short where is the remaining 100 miles worth of range going?
Dunno, I' know I've filled up my 3.6L a few times and the pump cuts it short by about 2-3 gallons. Not all the time, but I think there's one gas station that does this.

Jeep#6

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 4xe HYDRO; 24 BMW X5
Occupation
Sales in a Jeep
Full tank showed 315 miles today. My battery was at <1%. Have been doing some longer gas trips and it continues to increase as your average gas mpg settles out.

AmarilloJLU

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Full tank showed 315 miles today. My battery was at <1%. Have been doing some longer gas trips and it continues to increase as your average gas mpg settles out.
How many total miles do you have on your Jeep? This is what my dash shows when I am full charge and gas. 277 miles range between both, I hope that goes up. I was looking forward to 370 mile range.
Jeep Wrangler JL Actual highway MPG range for 4xe? 7E5BC64F-5671-496B-9D7E-8062797C7D47

JGlanton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green JLURXR, Outback
Occupation
Dog trainer
So you're getting about 15.5 mpg on gas, depending on how empty you're letting the tank get.
Which isn't inconceivable, for a 2.0 Rubicon +775 lbs if it is city driving. If it is mostly highway, that's very low and I definitely understand your disappointment.

Jeep doesn't seem to be able to find a formula for Wrangler range. The more efficient the motor, the smaller the gas tank they put in.

Sponsored

JGlanton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green JLURXR, Outback
Occupation
Dog trainer
Brandon Haneline got 274 miles of range on his Sahara 4xe, so that's about the same. But worse, considering its a Sahara.

Jehovasfitness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR and '04 Z06
shows you're getting 20mpg avg tho so maybe it's a computer error? Probably best to track how many miles you go with the odometer for a tank or 2 and see.

AmarilloJLU

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When I picked it up from the deal
shows you're getting 20mpg avg tho so maybe it's a computer error? Probably best to track how many miles you go with the odometer for a tank or 2 and see.
When I picked it up from the dealership it was 14 mpg and it has taken until now to get it to 20mpg. The only thing that is raising it is the fact that I am trying to run completely on electric only now that I have a level 2 charger. Once I go back to hybrid the mpg avg starts to drop again into the 19s and 18s. Is anyone out there showing a number in the mid 300s on their dashboards with full tank of gas and 100% charge? Please post a picture.

JeepJeepster

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 4xe
So you're getting about 15.5 mpg on gas, depending on how empty you're letting the tank get.
Which isn't inconceivable, for a 2.0 Rubicon +775 lbs if it is city driving. If it is mostly highway, that's very low and I definitely understand your disappointment.

Jeep doesn't seem to be able to find a formula for Wrangler range. The more efficient the motor, the smaller the gas tank they put in.
I'm getting 15-17 mpg, interstate (75 mph), gas mileage after the electric has been depleted.

Wandering_Cascadian

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe; 1976 GMC High Sierra 1500
On the drive home from the dealer I was averaging around 21.5-22.5mpg after battery was depleted in my Rubicon. This was going between 50 and 55 on a hilly highway, with spots of 25-45 going through small towns.
Sponsored