4xE Order Status??

AmarilloJLU

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4Xe Rubicon on order
This is the update I just got. Apparently there is some sort of rail transport stoppage that has been happening since Feb (from what someone who works in rail transport said) affecting mid-west to west coast transit. Just feels like a gut punch with people obviously getting theirs without issue :crying::crying: If you're on the west coast, check with your dealer because Jee had been showing mine as "in transit" for a week week and this morning it got dumped back into JS (just sitting) this morning.
1617388684413.png
Yep, I can confirm that the Jeeps coming down to Texas on my shipment are delayed. Mine was originally supposed to arrive at the Alliance, Tx train depot on 4/13 and then it was going to be another week to Georgetown on a semi trailer. Now it says it is not getting to Alliance until 4/27 and that would put dealership delivery in May. This is crazy.

EDIT: Sales person read the sheet wrong, my arrival to Alliance, Tx was pushed from 4/13 to 4/18, but there is a delay it seems.
Sponsored

Last edited:

KaiyaKai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chief Blue Rubicon 4XE
Yep, I can confirm that the Jeeps coming down to Texas on my shipment are delayed. Mine was originally supposed to arrive at the Alliance, Tx train depot on 4/13 and then it was going to be another week to Georgetown on a semi trailer. Now it says it is not getting to Alliance until 4/27 and that would put dealership delivery in May. This is crazy.

EDIT: Sales person read the sheet wrong, my arrival to Alliance, Tx was pushed from 4/13 to 4/18, but there is a delay it seems.
It seems weird that, for me, a shipment going from Toledo to WA state would go all the way down to TX then all the way back up to WA. But then I know nothing about shipping logistics and such.

KarlN

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited 4XE
Occupation
Retired
It's a California thing. All of the Southern California dealerships are doing 2-4% above invoice price. If you want 4xe and want to pay 5-7% below the invoice price, then you need to buy it out-of-state. Like Idaho.
Carson City Nevada Chrysler, Dodge Jeep, Steve Christian is the sales manager.. He will deal well. I can get you his direct number if anybody wants it.

AmarilloJLU

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4Xe Rubicon on order
It seems weird that, for me, a shipment going from Toledo to WA state would go all the way down to TX then all the way back up to WA. But then I know nothing about shipping logistics and such.
Your shipment won’t be on mine. It just shows that even the ones going to Texas are delayed so, I would assume that many places in the US are going to have delays.

Sponsored

Bumps Ahead

First Name
Valerie & Dion
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ontherocks4x4.org
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Happy Wife, Happy Life....
Vehicle Showcase
It's a California thing. All of the Southern California dealerships are doing 2-4% above invoice price. If you want 4xe and want to pay 5-7% below the invoice price, then you need to buy it out-of-state. Like Idaho.
Just going to add that you should never stop negotiating.....not all are at that 2-4% above invoice in my experience.

In California all 4XE's qualify for CCFR (Calif Clean Fuel Reward) which is a $1,500 "credit" that you dealer must apply for and then applies to the purchase price (so treated like part of your down payment). So even at 2% over invoice, true cost to you is a tad under invoice.....this may be part of why you don't see too many dealers in California at the same price point as other states.

Don't confuse this with the CVRP (Clean Vehicle Rebate Project) totally unrelated and not something you'll be eligible for anyway (and no, the April 6th deadline does not apply to you either....the 4XE was never on the that list, and won't be because new requirement is 30 mile range minimum on electric).

Dryver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe "Bridgette"
Your shipment won’t be on mine. It just shows that even the ones going to Texas are delayed so, I would assume that many places in the US are going to have delays.
Rail shipments are backed up around the country due to shortage of raill cars for container shipments, just like the ports are backed up with ships. Guessing this is connected.

Newbie 4xe

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
Just got an email from my dealer! Jeep has boots on the ground at the dealership! Coordinating an appointment time to pick it up tomorrow!
Mine too! It’s in “pre-delivery inspection” at the dealership with about 20 other vehicles that came off the truck. Hoping it’s ready tomorrow or else I have to wait for Monday (dealerships are all closed here on Sundays).

BiscuitEater

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 4xe
Rail shipments are backed up around the country due to shortage of raill cars for container shipments, just like the ports are backed up with ships. Guessing this is connected.
OMG, never in my life would I imagine that I'd look for this type of data: https://www.aar.org/news/rail-traffic-for-the-week-ending-march-27-2021/

"Seven of the 10 carload commodity groups posted an increase compared with the same week in 2020. They included motor vehicles and parts, up 8,081 carloads,....."

Jeep Wrangler JL 4xE Order Status?? 1617405285405

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
Also check out this thread. Trying to gather info for people in CA over here.

The one thing you have to watch for is that in CA they can only do a $85 doc fee. Other states are likely higher. That and the financing. You have to make it apples to apples by factoring that in when you are talking percentage off invoice.

Having said that, CA dealers are still frustratingly off the mark compared to other states it seems.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/california-4xe-ordering.67026/post-1454948

Sponsored

hisdigness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4xe Sahara
This is the update I just got. Apparently there is some sort of rail transport stoppage that has been happening since Feb (from what someone who works in rail transport said) affecting mid-west to west coast transit. Just feels like a gut punch with people obviously getting theirs without issue :crying::crying: If you're on the west coast, check with your dealer because Jee had been showing mine as "in transit" for a week week and this morning it got dumped back into JS (just sitting) this morning.
Jeep Wrangler JL 4xE Order Status?? 1617405285405
Any other west coasters experience this?

I am hoping that being in Kansas at this point means I am past the delay part.

This is of course if I am actually there. Jeep chat, dealer both say in storage still. Other Jeep chat (escalated) says in transit and stopped in Wellington KS and now is in Arkansas City, KS. At this point I have no idea who is the accurate one. I am inclined to think the escalated folks since those are specific spots to stop for the rail. I also hope them since it would mean I am indeed in transit. 🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️

KaiyaKai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chief Blue Rubicon 4XE

BiscuitEater

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 4xe
Hahaha!! I did the same thing! Just so mad they said it was in transit for a week and now suddenly it's not.
Well between Jeep Chat (which feels like a chicken pecking at a keyboard), crypto stickers (last updated 2/25), and my dealer (who's not interested in sharing basic updates on a $50K+ purchase)....now I have yet another tab to hit refresh on to get some idea what's going on in the railroad industry. The saga of ordering a Jeep continues!

Bill Reiter

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Toyota FJ Cruiser; '08 Yukon; '05 CTS-V
Ordered in early January. I'm not too thrilled about the prospect of having to wait another month+. At a certain point (approaching very rapidly), I start losing enthusiasm.

NavinJohnson

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue JLUR 4xe
Ordered in early January. I'm not too thrilled about the prospect of having to wait another month+. At a certain point (approaching very rapidly), I start losing enthusiasm.
I know this wait is killing me. Chris Hall's video's are helping maintain my enthusiasm though (thanks Chris!!!).

I'm originally from Toledo and still have family there I visit regularly. If I had known how long it would take to get a Jeep shipped from Toledo to CA, I would have ordered it at one of the dealerships there, visited the family, grabbed some Tony Packo's and road-tripped it back. Bet I'd have it by now if I did.
Sponsored