4xE Order Status??

robynE

First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Anyone considering adding the blue tow hooks to their Sahara? I didn't like it at first, but with the other blue accents on the trail badge etc, I think it might just look cool. Plus it broadcasts more that you are driving the latest and greatest Electric JEEP!
Sponsored

robynE

First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
I agree Mcwilldo. Even though I just ordered my 4xe last Friday I'm so excited to read all these reports. Happy for all you folks! I have quite some time to wait...
Many of us had a 4-5 month wait, so thankfully those days are OVER!!

blueweb

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 TJ Rubicon, '22 4xe Rubicon
Certainly a different ballgame if you can't get the tax credit or when the credit runs out in the future.
LOL I wasn't even going to send that response, but this forum saves whatever I typed out previously. Sorry.

But yeah, if I was really going to buy a 4xe ASAP, I would definitely need to find a new higher-paying job so I can qualify for the full $7,500.

dunehole

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Sahara 4xe (on order), Subaru Legacy
Anyone considering adding the blue tow hooks to their Sahara? I didn't like it at first, but with the other blue accents on the trail badge etc, I think it might just look cool. Plus it broadcasts more that you are driving the latest and greatest Electric JEEP!
I am definitely considering doing that. Just need to figure out the best way to do so.

robynE

First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Would you have to take the bumper off to get to the hooks? I haven't ever even looked at them to see if you can easily get to where they are attached. I've got to order some custom stuff to get installed before I take it home from the dealership (Mopar Brake Controller, front and rear splash guards, and new tires), so maybe I can add the hooks to the list.

Sponsored

gman123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo V60, Volvo S60, Ordered 4XE Sahara
Ya I would totally consider!!

gman123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo V60, Volvo S60, Ordered 4XE Sahara
Also the 4xe Sahara kinda disappointed that the grill and fog light accents arenā€™t black, because in the build and price they are...šŸ˜­
Frustrating yet again with Jeepā€™s execution. Also the first responder military discount they pulled out from the rug on me.šŸ¤¬

Mcwilldo

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Sahara
Color match spray paint?

dudemind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Would you have to take the bumper off to get to the hooks? I haven't ever even looked at them to see if you can easily get to where they are attached. I've got to order some custom stuff to get installed before I take it home from the dealership (Mopar Brake Controller, front and rear splash guards, and new tires), so maybe I can add the hooks to the list.
You do. It's kind of a pain in the ass to get them off the bumper. If I were you, I'd wait until somebody offered up their factory bumper w/ blue hooks, trade for that, then offload yours in a separate transaction... For the cost of the blue hooks from the dealership, you can very likely buy an entire plastic bumper with hooks already installed secondhand.

Sponsored

Jeep#6

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 4xe HYDRO; 24 BMW X5
Occupation
Sales in a Jeep
You do. It's kind of a pain in the ass to get them off the bumper. If I were you, I'd wait until somebody offered up their factory bumper w/ blue hooks, trade for that, then offload yours in a separate transaction... For the cost of the blue hooks from the dealership, you can very likely buy an entire plastic bumper with hooks already installed secondhand.
i am sure people will trade hooks as well...i plan to trade my blue for black...to anyone near Raleigh

dunehole

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Sahara 4xe (on order), Subaru Legacy
Also the 4xe Sahara kinda disappointed that the grill and fog light accents arenā€™t black, because in the build and price they are...šŸ˜­
Frustrating yet again with Jeepā€™s execution. Also the first responder military discount they pulled out from the rug on me.šŸ¤¬
I agree, I was really hoping to get black and not silver grill and fog light accents

Last edited:

dudemind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
i am sure people will trade hooks as well...i plan to trade my blue for black...to anyone near Raleigh
Yeah, I'm sure plenty of Rubicon 4xe folks will want black hooks. Still would suggest swapping entire bumpers (as long as it's plastic for plastic or steel/steel) rather than both parties tearing the bumpers apart to extract and exchange the hooks. Would cut the time down by like 90% for both parties. I mean, unless somebody is really that partial to the bumper that came on their specific Jeep over one that is exactly the same from another one.

robynE

First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
I agree, I was really hoping to not get black and not silver grill and fog light accents
Funny how everyone has their preferences. I was really afraid the grill and bumper wouldn't have the silver accents! I got lucky on this one. I think it just really looks nice with the all black Jeep.

robynE

First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
This is interesting. Jeep Customer Service just emailed me to say my Jeep was delivered to the dealer YESTERDAY! My dealer guy is off on Wednesdays so maybe I will get a call that it is here tomorrow?????
Sponsored