4xE Order Status??

parkertl

First Name
Parker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392 XR, 21 S Plaid, 03 Terminator
Perhaps im over-simplifying, but the tank is 17.2 gallons and you can travel a total of 370 miles on it and the battery combined. Just the 2.0 is 17.5 gallons and you can go 385 miles on it.
Sponsored

JGlanton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green JLURXR, Outback
Occupation
Dog trainer
The fuel tank size is wrong for the 4-door gas Jeeps. Should be 21.5 gals.
4XE is 17.2

KarlN

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited 4XE
Occupation
Retired
not very exciting on the economy...especially using premium fuel.... Good thing there are rebates and it's a HP/Torque monster!

blueweb

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 TJ Rubicon, '22 4xe Rubicon
Perhaps im over-simplifying, but the tank is 17.2 gallons and you can travel a total of 370 miles on it and the battery combined. Just the 2.0 is 17.5 gallons and you can go a total of 385 miles.
A regular Wrangler JL Unlimited with the 2.0T has a 21.5-gallon fuel tank.

blueweb

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 TJ Rubicon, '22 4xe Rubicon
The fuel tank size is wrong for the 4-door gas Jeeps. Should be 21.5 gals.
4XE is 17.2
Yeah, the EPA website has wrong information posted.

17.5 tank size is founded on the 2 door version. But the MPG numbers are accurate to the 4 door.

Sponsored

parkertl

First Name
Parker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, the EPA website has wrong information posted.

17.5 tank size is founded on the 2 door version. But the MPG numbers are accurate to the 4 door.
Thanks for verifying there.... is the range correct on the 4 Door, 385? I cant get the math to work to 22 MPG if it is.

dudemind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Perhaps im over-simplifying, but the tank is 17.2 gallons and you can travel a total of 370 miles on it and the battery combined. Just the 2.0 is 17.5 gallons and you can go a total of 385 miles.
You're coming up with a use-case scenario where you charge the battery to full only once at the beginning of every fill-up. If that's how you intend to use it, and your only consideration is total range, then sure, it's a bummer. But that's going to be a rare situation for most owners.

Most people who buy plug-in hybrids will charge them at the end of pretty much every day. In my case, I sometimes drive no more than 10 miles per week. If I was to use the 4xe only in that manner, I'd theoretically never need to fill up on gas, ever (ignoring for a moment what old, stale gas does after sitting for extended periods of time). That said, that won't be how I use the vehicle every single week, so there will certainly be times (such as on road trips) where I will fill up the rig several times without having access to a charger. In those latter instances, yes, from a raw MPG perspective, the 4xe may seem disappointing. But even then, keep in mind the massive additional power that comes with it. Seems like a pretty fair trade-off to me.

All depends how you intend to use the vehicle. If you rarely have access to a charger and/or you have a very long daily commute, then the 4xe might not make very much sense. For everybody else, the real-world results might greatly exceed what you see in spec sheets.

parkertl

First Name
Parker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You're coming up with a use-case scenario where you charge the battery to full only once at the beginning of every fill-up. If that's how you intend to use it, and your only consideration is total range, then sure, it's a bummer. But that's going to be a rare situation for most owners.

Most people who buy plug-in hybrids will charge them at the end of pretty much every day. In my case, I sometimes drive no more than 10 miles per week. If I was to use the 4xe only in that manner, I'd theoretically never need to fill up on gas, ever (ignoring for a moment what old, stale gas does after sitting for extended periods of time). That said, that won't be how I use the vehicle every single week, so there will certainly be times (such as on road trips) where I will fill up the rig several times without having access to a charger. In those latter instances, yes, from a raw MPG perspective, the 4xe may seem disappointing. But even then, keep in mind the massive additional power that comes with it. Seems like a pretty fair trade-off to me.

All depends how you intend to use the vehicle. If you rarely have access to a charger and/or you have a very long daily commute, then the 4xe might not make very much sense. For everybody else, the real-world results might greatly exceed what you see in spec sheets.
Definitely a fair point on the power, its worth that with the Tax Credit.
I was ust used to seeing MPGe figures over 90, granted there aren't many Plug in Hybrid SUVs.

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
As was said prior, with the HP and torque of this vehicle, compare it to the 392 for gas mileage. I'm happy with these numbers and most of the time I'll be driving less than 21 miles.

Sponsored

parkertl

First Name
Parker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As was said prior, with the HP and torque of this vehicle, compare it to the 392 for gas mileage. I'm happy with these numbers and most of the time I'll be driving less than 21 miles.
Thanks SO much for reiterating.

Jonnie4xe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Sahara

Demonic

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Dear Jeep, we'll let the numbers slide if you just deliver our orders already.
Sponsored