Sponsored

4xe light bar mount

hybrid_eg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'90 S13, 22 MS Plaid, '23 JLUR 4xe
I figured I can deal with some wind noise, this car is loud anyway so I’m ok with it.. we take it to mountains frequently 400 mile trip each way and doesn’t bother me.. the mods to the bar helped for sure, without them it was unbearable. Those rare occasions that we use the car the lighting output it just insane 😂

it looks great on the hood too, may eventually try that as well since the electrical feed is plenty long without having to shorten it :)
Sponsored

PatriotX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4xe
Rhino Rack has some rubber-like strips that go into the slots in their bars, they call Vortex Generators.

Would these fit in the light bar, perhaps?

hybrid_eg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'90 S13, 22 MS Plaid, '23 JLUR 4xe
Maybe, fins on each brand light bar are likely a bit different.. i really didnt want to experiment too much and searched past threads where i found people using vinyl wrap and that's what i did.. seems to work so far and we have taken multiple long distance trips.. granted you still hear wind noise as i mentioned but no crazy whistle that was there before.. If you want no noise.. best is NOT to mount it on top of windshield..

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
Maybe, fins on each brand light bar are likely a bit different.. i really didnt want to experiment too much and searched past threads where i found people using vinyl wrap and that's what i did.. seems to work so far and we have taken multiple long distance trips.. granted you still hear wind noise as i mentioned but no crazy whistle that was there before.. If you want no noise.. best is NOT to mount it on top of windshield..
The problem when you wrap the fixture you have also provided insulation which prevents the thermal management of the fixture to dissapate heat via its metal surfaces. It does not take much to incresae the thermals to casue premature failure of the LED comonents. With that said if you rarely use the lights or only have them on for a few minutes. The #1 casue of LED componet failure is poor thermal managemnent (heat).

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon 4xE
i bought the KC 4xe mount and combined it with RC single row bar.. I wanted something more sleek). Initial problem is that KC mounts are wider than 50" and RC bar is lightly shorter than 50".. so i had some aluminum spacers made which are now powder-coated wrinkle black. Main issue here is the noise. Both wind and whistle noises were out of this world at fwy speeds..(70+) (typical cruising speed here is between 70-85)

I expected both noises but not at these levels.. so i took it off and going to make some adjustments to back cooling fins.. read bunch of posts from JK guys doing everything from vinyl wrap to door moulding trim.. as others pointed out there is no way its going to be as quiet as stock,; impossible with such flat object.. but as long as i can eliminate whistle i'll keep it :) Love the look and light output is insane.. I'll update once if i'm able to solve this issue

IMG_6796.jpg
IMG_6792.jpg
IMG_6790.jpg
IMG_6794.jpg
Hey man, do you mind sharing what bumper you have? I love the look!

Sponsored