Sponsored

4xe lift kit - sway bar end links have different thread than stock?

timsen

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Hey forum,

I am in the process of installing the Mopar lift kit on my 2021 4xe Rubicon. When trying to install the new sway bar end links, I can not reuse the lock nut due to a different thread. Reusing lock nut is how it is explained in the manual and there is no new lock nut coming with the kit. Others must have run into the same issue but I can not find any threads mentioning this.

Attached is a picture showing the lift kit end link (left) and the stock (right). You can see the different thread.
Does anyone know what is going on here and what might be the part number for the lock nut for the new sway bar?

Thanks!
Tim

PXL_20211209_222603999.jpg
Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
I brought it to Lowe’s and bought the correct size flange nut.

4xe Rubicon

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe Rubicon
Just do what the dealer would have done. Impact set at the highest setting and hammer down all the way, baby!

Seriously though, wow, just wow!:headbang:

OP
OP

timsen

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
solved this by getting 2 nuts and washers from a local hardware store.
It's M12 1.75. They did not had lock nuts so I put some thread locker on.

Weirdly, the rear end links that came with the lift kit are M12 1.5, same as the stock end links.

Sponsored

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20; delivered 5/13/21
Build Thread
Link
When I installed my Mopar kit last June, the bolts were the same size as I recall. Perhaps a change was made? Was your kit 70772522aa?

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
When I installed my Mopar kit last June, the bolts were the same size as I recall. Perhaps a change was made? Was your kit 70772522aa?
I saw a couple posts with issues when I ran into it. The end links are the same part number across all of the JL kits.

WannFly

First Name
Priyo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4Xe - ordered, 2019 RAM 1500
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber security
on a similar note... how difficult is to install this lift kit? I am good at taking things apart and always find myself with more screws in hand when i put something back together lol. never tackled a project like this before

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20; delivered 5/13/21
Build Thread
Link
on a similar note... how difficult is to install this lift kit?
I'm great at taking things apart and pretty good at putting them back together, myself. This kit was easy to install, just time consuming.

It took me two solid days to install by myself in my overcrowded garage. I had never installed one before, so the going was very slow while I frequently re-watched various YouTube videos & re-read the installation instructions. I could probably do it in a single day now that I've done it once.

I used Jackstands, a floor jack, a full set of regular & deep metric sockets, end wrenches, a torque wrench, and an impact wrench was helpful for a few of the fasteners. So basically normal hand tools. A helper would have been useful mostly to work in parallel.

WannFly

First Name
Priyo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4Xe - ordered, 2019 RAM 1500
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber security
I'm great at taking things apart and pretty good at putting them back together, myself. This kit was easy to install, just time consuming.

It took me two solid days to install by myself in my overcrowded garage. I had never installed one before, so the going was very slow while I frequently re-watched various YouTube videos & re-read the installation instructions. I could probably do it in a single day now that I've done it once.

I used Jackstands, a floor jack, a full set of regular & deep metric sockets, end wrenches, a torque wrench, and an impact wrench was helpful for a few of the fasteners. So basically normal hand tools. A helper would have been useful mostly to work in parallel.
thanks for the details. much appreciated. Now if Jeep ever finished building mine, thinking of taking up a project like this in short order

Sponsored

s2000jl

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Hey forum,

I am in the process of installing the Mopar lift kit on my 2021 4xe Rubicon. When trying to install the new sway bar end links, I can not reuse the lock nut due to a different thread. Reusing lock nut is how it is explained in the manual and there is no new lock nut coming with the kit. Others must have run into the same issue but I can not find any threads mentioning this.

Attached is a picture showing the lift kit end link (left) and the stock (right). You can see the different thread.
Does anyone know what is going on here and what might be the part number for the lock nut for the new sway bar?

Thanks!
Tim

Jeep Wrangler JL 4xe lift kit - sway bar end links have different thread than stock? PXL_20211209_222603999
Definitely had the same issue so went to lowes and found a right nut instead.

Splixt

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jep Rubicon 4XE
Just do what the dealer would have done. Impact set at the highest setting and hammer down all the way, baby!

Seriously though, wow, just wow!:headbang:
Any insight on the best place from a price perspective to purchase the Mopar 2" lift kit? I just bought a 4XE this weekend and will also be putting 35's on it.

XX4XEXX

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Wut is the confusion just get adjustable links and be done. The Mopar ones are junk anyways and can set the angle below the degree you need to effectly utilize the swaybar. Swaybar math a different day...
Sponsored