4WD Neutral Warning

Ridemore2019

First Name
Vern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport JL
I am having the same issue. Jeep is currently at Dealer for the second time. Any updates on a fix?
Sponsored

OP
OP
wolves26

wolves26

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Ocean Blue, 2014 Ram 2500 Mega Cab Blue Streak
Vehicle Showcase
First dealer told me there was no problem even though the problem could be reproduced every time I shifted into 4H. Took it to a second dealer this year. First visit with them they adjusted the shift cable. Drove home and found that the problem still existed but was intermittent. Back to the dealer again. They replaced the shift cable. That didn't work. So they ordered a transfer case. Just had the new transfer case installed. Looks like that corrected the problem.

Ridemore2019

First Name
Vern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport JL
My apologies for not responding sooner. Dealer tried the cable adjustment and switch replacement which did not fix issue. They replaced the transfer case which did fix my issue.

Uhdinator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport HT 2.0T Auto, 2003 TJ Rubicon HT
Vehicle Showcase
My guess is the sensor is likely inside the T case and is off a hair. Hence it is detecting the shifter position is a hair past the 4H position and the only way to get at the sensor is to disassemble the T case. So they just swapped it. (T case prob has a plug/port for the wiring harness to internal sensor)

Cinby411

First Name
Cin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willy's
I sent you a pro site message with my VIN this weekend and am still awaiting a reply. Sent VIN again and added mileage. I just purchased last Wednesday and it is still in warranty.
Did you get this issue addressed? What was your course of action?
What was the outcome of this problem?

Sponsored

OP
OP
wolves26

wolves26

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My transfer case was replaced under warranty. This fixed the problem.

Cinby411

First Name
Cin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My transfer case was replaced under warranty. This fixed the problem.
Ok thanks. I had this happen. I brought it to the dealership. They confirmed it was a problem with the transfer case. They ordered a transfer case. It took almost a month to come in. They fixed it in a day. I picked it up. On the way home, I wanted to test it the problem was solved. I was driving on a regular street, going slow speeds, and all of a sudden lost power to the wheels and almost got in an accident because of the cars behind me. I could not shift the transfer case back. The shifter was stuck. The transmission was on drive but when I pressed the gas, the car did not move. I filed a claim with FCA, (Fiat, Chrysler, Association). They do not want another lawsuit so they will either buy back my vehicle or trade in for significantly lower than invoice price, is what I've researched. I am waiting for them to call me for the next steps.

OP
OP
wolves26

wolves26

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Did you take it back to the dealer that installed the transfer case? They should fix the problem

Cinby411

First Name
Cin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No. I don't trust them or Jeeps. They did not even give me a loaner vehicle or a provide me a ride while they serviced my vehicle. Even though they promised a loaner before I dropped it off and it's covered in my warranty. I and to pay out of pocket for my own transportation.

OP
OP
wolves26

wolves26

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It doesn't sound like you are at the lemon law point yet. You will need to give them a chance to service your vehicle again. You can message @JeepCares from this forum. They should be able to help you get service and a loaner

Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
No. I don't trust them or Jeeps. They did not even give me a loaner vehicle or a provide me a ride while they serviced my vehicle. Even though they promised a loaner before I dropped it off and it's covered in my warranty. I and to pay out of pocket for my own transportation.
It doesn't sound like you are at the lemon law point yet. You will need to give them a chance to service your vehicle again. You can message @JeepCares from this forum. They should be able to help you get service and a loaner
Thanks for tagging us.

Cinby411, if you need assistance while at the dealer, feel free to send us a private message.

Kate
Jeep Cares

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
Iā€™m going through this same issue. Iā€™ve now brought the jeep in 4 times (the first two they acted like there was no issue because they could recreate it), the 3rd time they suddenly know what this issue was, fixed something and made it worse. 4th time to say yeah, itā€™s worse, and the 5th time will be once the part comes in.

so sick of this shit.

Cinby411

First Name
Cin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you file a claim with Jeep FCA? At this point they should refund your money for your vehicle. The dealership wil attempt to offer a trade in. I filed a claim and waiting to be contacted to see the next steps.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Did you file a claim with Jeep FCA? At this point they should refund your money for your vehicle. The dealership wil attempt to offer a trade in. I filed a claim and waiting to be contacted to see the next steps.
You are so far off base itā€™s ridiculous.
Sponsored