Ronin-go

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Pontiac Firebird, 1968 GMC stepside, 2009 G8
Hey Everyone!

I am looking forward to contributing to the forum, especially after this build arrives home!

Order Date - 1/07/2022
VON - 53010317
VIN - 1C4JJXSJ4NW159687

2022 392 XR
- Black
- Off Road Camera
- Sky One Touch
- Trailer Tow
- Gorilla Glass
- Trail Rail
- All Weather mats

MSRP, $0 Down, SF Bay Area
Another Bay Area over (to be)? Sweet. Where did you order yours from?
I live in North San Jose. I received my 2021 392 XR on Dec. 25. I'm sure that you'll love yours as much as I do mine!
Sponsored

Bay_Area_Guy

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wrangler 392 XR, BMW X5 50i
Another Bay Area over (to be)? Sweet. Where did you order yours from?
I live in North San Jose. I received my 2021 392 XR on Dec. 25. I'm sure that you'll love yours as much as I do mine!
I am glad to hear you're loving your 392 XR. Sounds like the best Christmas present! I will driving mine up from San Jose to the hills of Mill Valley whenever it is complete.

I had a pretty wild story ordering this vehicle. I will preface that I am completely new to Jeep besides having a family member that owns a Rubicon and being in it a few times.

The short story of a long story is that I tried ordering the 392 in Burlingame and after spending an hour+ of back & forth (not including travel) with the dealership then they threw the wild pitch of paying $10,000+ above MSRP after we were all set to move forward. I totally understand a case for mark up if the vehicle was on the lot but for a factory build... IMO they should take their easy profits with no negotiation at MSRP. Ultimately, they didn't see my reasoning and wouldn't budge.

I proceed to then send 1 email to Stellantis, pointing out that this situation hurts their brand equity with new consumers and that they should do their best to influence independent dealers from hurting Jeep's earned brand. I was reaching out simply because it felt like the right thing to do given that other car manufacturers are suffering similar experiences (ex. Toyota with Rav4).

I was shocked by Jeep's amazing response, where I was contacted by a corporate head who then ultimately put me in touch with Normandin Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram FIAT who graciously took care of the order immediately. From what I can tell, this dealership is top notch and one of the oldest in the Bay Area. They also have connections to Santa Clara University where I attended.

It's a good reminder to voice your constructive feelings (good and bad) to the people who care about them the most. I am a huge fan of Jeep's/Stelllantis' corporate leadership & response. That email helped me join all of you in this community as well as save $10,000.

Socks

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler JK Rubicon Hardrock
I am glad to hear you're loving your 392 XR. Sounds like the best Christmas present! I will driving mine up from San Jose to the hills of Mill Valley whenever it is complete.

I had a pretty wild story ordering this vehicle. I will preface that I am completely new to Jeep besides having a family member that owns a Rubicon and being in it a few times.

The short story of a long story is that I tried ordering the 392 in Burlingame and after spending an hour+ of back & forth (not including travel) with the dealership then they threw the wild pitch of paying $10,000+ above MSRP after we were all set to move forward. I totally understand a case for mark up if the vehicle was on the lot but for a factory build... IMO they should take their easy profits with no negotiation at MSRP. Ultimately, they didn't see my reasoning and wouldn't budge.

I proceed to then send 1 email to Stellantis, pointing out that this situation hurts their brand equity with new consumers and that they should do their best to influence independent dealers from hurting Jeep's earned brand. I was reaching out simply because it felt like the right thing to do given that other car manufacturers are suffering similar experiences (ex. Toyota with Rav4).

I was shocked by Jeep's amazing response, where I was contacted by a corporate head who then ultimately put me in touch with Normandin Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram FIAT who graciously took care of the order immediately. From what I can tell, this dealership is top notch and one of the oldest in the Bay Area. They also have connections to Santa Clara University where I attended.

It's a good reminder to voice your constructive feelings (good and bad) to the people who care about them the most. I am a huge fan of Jeep's/Stelllantis' corporate leadership & response. That email helped me join all of you in this community as well as save $10,000.
I'm at home after testing for Covid19 and coming back positive. Thankfully I've had my 2 Pfizer shots. As I was laying on the couch feeling like crap my Jeep dealership called. He then proceeded to inform that no more 2022 392's could be ordered. Now I'm a few months out trying for this but to be told that it can't be done period?? I'm in east central Indiana. Surely this is wrong. Any dealers want to shed some light on this?

OP
OP
REBEL JT

REBEL JT

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392XR, 21 392, 20 JLUR, 04 Rubicon Crawler
@REBEL JT thanks for tracking! Here’s my build info…

Ordered: 11/10/21
VON: 51997875
VIN: 1C4JJXSJ7NW115652

2022 392 non-XR
- Sting-Gray
- Tow
- Sky one-touch
- Satin black grill

Still in D status last I checked with Jeep chat. Currently collecting mods in garage while I wait.
got it, Thanks
Hey Everyone!

I am looking forward to contributing to the forum, especially after this build arrives home!

Order Date - 1/07/2022
VON - 53010317
VIN - 1C4JJXSJ4NW159687

2022 392 XR
- Black
- Off Road Camera
- Sky One Touch
- Trailer Tow
- Gorilla Glass
- Trail Rail
- All Weather mats

MSRP, $0 Down, SF Bay Area
got it, Thanks

Ronin-go

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm at home after testing for Covid19 and coming back positive. Thankfully I've had my 2 Pfizer shots. As I was laying on the couch feeling like crap my Jeep dealership called. He then proceeded to inform that no more 2022 392's could be ordered. Now I'm a few months out trying for this but to be told that it can't be done period?? I'm in east central Indiana. Surely this is wrong. Any dealers want to shed some light on this?
I very sorry to hear that you got sick, and that your dealership failed you.

I strongly suggest that you try another dealership. It seems too early in the MY for orders to end. Your dealership may be operating on bad info. Some folks are confirming orders and VIN as recently as this week.

Sponsored

Ronin-go

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

It's very encouraging that you were able to get some support from Stellantis. It's a very good sign that they will indeed act on behalf of a customer, if we speak up!

Oddly, last spring Normandin had a Sting-Grey 392, dual door group, on their showroom floor. The mark-up was a whopping $60K over MSRP. Yes, they wanted $145,000. When I talked to a sales manager about me being a returning customer (I bought a 2018 Rubicon from them 3 years ago), he gave me the usual flack about it being an unusual market, and that demand was setting the price.

I don't know if they sold it for that amount, but it drove me to buy out of state. I got mine from Hendrick Jeep Fiat in Fayettville , NC, for MSPR. They never once tried to add anything to the price, and have done well by me through the whole process.

Bay_Area_Guy

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wrangler 392 XR, BMW X5 50i
It's very encouraging that you were able to get some support from Stellantis. It's a very good sign that they will indeed act on behalf of a customer, if we speak up!

Oddly, last spring Normandin had a Sting-Grey 392, dual door group, on their showroom floor. The mark-up was a whopping $60K over MSRP. Yes, they wanted $145,000. When I talked to a sales manager about me being a returning customer (I bought a 2018 Rubicon from them 3 years ago), he gave me the usual flack about it being an unusual market, and that demand was setting the price.

I don't know if they sold it for that amount, but it drove me to buy out of state. I got mine from Hendrick Jeep Fiat in Fayettville , NC, for MSPR. They never once tried to add anything to the price, and have done well by me through the whole process.
Ugh! That hurts my stomach reading about your experience. I wish it wasn’t this way for so many people and I am glad you found something that worked out for you!

I am definitely fortunate for speaking up and I ended up having one of the coolest & unique moments of purchasing a vehicle. It was nice having the support of Stellantis/Jeep behind my case and I was introduced to one of the owners of Normandin who amazing to work with.

I hope things become consistently better for everyone since dealerships can be great partners! If it doesn’t change…. we will see more move to the Tesla model cutting out the dealerships but only purchasing at MSRP.

ledlow

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU, RAM 2500 (4th gen), Toyota 4Runner (3rd)
Order Date: 1/11/2022
VON: 53243448
VIN: 1C4JJXSJ7NW162485
No allocation (I think)
Monument Colorado

2022 392 XR
Bright White
Doors-Off Mirrors
Cameras
Gorilla Glass
All-Weather Floor Mats
Headliners
Tow Package

kkarnage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392, 2020 JLUR, 2015 JKR
Occupation
Retired
Random question: I put in my order for a 2022 XR at the dealer on Tuesday, and have the receipt and all, but it feel like I should have at least a VON and VIN number by now? Or am I getting ahead of myself?

valen22us

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 2019
Random question: I put in my order for a 2022 XR at the dealer on Tuesday, and have the receipt and all, but it feel like I should have at least a VON and VIN number by now? Or am I getting ahead of myself?
Yes, you should have both by now. If you have the VON, jeep chat should be able to give you the VIN, or your dealer.

Sponsored

peoria-pc

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 black JLUR (purchased 5-5-19, V6, one touch sky top) and own 2014 jeep SRT
Can you please add mine to the list?

Order Date: 1/14/2022
VIN: 1C4JJXSJ6NW171937
Peoria, IL

2022 392 XR
Black
Sky one touch
Camera
Gorilla Glass
Tow Package
Track system

Thanks!

Brew211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLURM, Tundra, 2022 JLU 392 XR
Vehicle Showcase
Does the OP add our orders to the list or do we add it to the Cryptositcker link I found somewhere on the forum?

If the OP adds, please add mine too:
Order Date: 12/16/21
VIN: 1C4JJXSJXNW149164
2022 392 XR
Silver Zynith
Integrated trail camera
Doors-off mirror kit
Gorilla Glass
Hardtop Headliner
Trailer-tow package

Thank you very much.

Mkrubi

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Raptor
OP, please add mine to the list.

Order date 20 Jan 22
VIN- 1C4JJXSJXNW182178
22 392 XR
Sting Grey
Sky One Touch
Camera
Tow

Chapman for the win, 10% under MSRP and -$500 for active duty Army. Stoked, will be my 4th Jeep.

Thank you!

Ted392

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500, TRX, hmmwv's, 392
Sting-Gray 392XR
One touch
Satin grill
Camera
Mirror kit
Mats
Trail rail
Tow

Granger Order 1/14/22
VON 53339609 1/15/22
VIN 172016 1/19/22

Andras

First Name
Andras
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover LR4, Jeep Wrangler JL
What are the current delivery estimates? People who get their delivery in the past few weeks - when did you order it?
Sponsored