First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392Rubicon XR 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
retired due to broken back
Mine was actually built last weekā€¦Iā€™m honestly shocked. Now itā€™s ā€œwaiting for optional equipment installationā€ šŸ™„ Then after that God only knows how long itā€™ll take to ship it.
Have you heard any news on your Jeep? a delivery date?
Merry Christmas

Last edited:

cgrosen324

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Have you heard any news on your Jeep? a delivery date?
Merry Christmas
Received my window sticker earlier this week and supposedly at the Toledo rail yard this past Tuesday. Iā€™m guessing mid Jan delivery? Iā€™m certainly moving in the right direction! Merry Christmas šŸŽ„

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Received my window sticker earlier this week and supposedly at the Toledo rail yard this past Tuesday. Iā€™m guessing mid Jan delivery? Iā€™m certainly moving in the right direction! Merry Christmas šŸŽ„
I`m glad to hear that yours is moving along, it`s the delivery time that kills me. You would think that they would be okay with a private hauler picking it up. Are you trading in your Raptor for the Jeep?

cgrosen324

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
I`m glad to hear that yours is moving along, it`s the delivery time that kills me. You would think that they would be okay with a private hauler picking it up. Are you trading in your Raptor for the Jeep?
The delivery time is beyond ridiculous IMOā€¦a month to move something halfway across the country?! Yep, trading the Raptor. They gave me a more than fair trade value back in August. Hopefully they wonā€™t play games.

Sponsored

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
The delivery time is beyond ridiculous IMOā€¦a month to move something halfway across the country?! Yep, trading the Raptor. They gave me a more than fair trade value back in August. Hopefully they wonā€™t play games.
I don`t understand why it takes so long either.
Since you have a Raptor and know all of the features it has, what are you going to miss the most?
For me it would be the dyno tune and being able to select different driving modes and steering feedback. Biggest pain was that it barely fit in my garage which made working on it a little difficult at times. I will also miss the planted feel of it, you know and feel how it`s driving and it really handled well and there was no wandering or death wobble

cgrosen324

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
I don`t understand why it takes so long either.
Since you have a Raptor and know all of the features it has, what are you going to miss the most?
For me it would be the dyno tune and being able to select different driving modes and steering feedback. Biggest pain was that it barely fit in my garage which made working on it a little difficult at times. I will also miss the planted feel of it, you know and feel how it`s driving and it really handled well and there was no wandering or death wobble
Having owned several Wranglers and two Raptors I will miss and not miss pretty much the same exact things you listed. I love the feel on the road, steering is excellent, and yes that planted feel. The size is nice when youā€™re on the open road but I pretty much hate it otherwise - barely fits in the garage, and itā€™s just too damn big for trails. I live in Vegas so thereā€™s plenty of open desert, but I could never get into that Baja style of off roading. Itā€™s going to be tough going back to that cramped interior, but I think Jeep did a decent job with the JL (my last Wrangler was a 16 JK). Oh one other thing: I cannot believe how cheap the interior of the Raptor isā€¦.so damn plastic-y. Seems a lot of folks are saying the same about the new Bronco.

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
Sent my dealer owner a less than enthused text this morning about my 392 order and got a half assed sarcastic response back. Needless to say this is the last vehicle Iā€™ll be purchasing from them. Mineā€™s been in transit over a month and the response I got from the dealership owner (I considered him a personal friend but after this Iā€™m reconsidering) was the same runaround crap Iā€™ve heard for almost a month now. ā€œNo one can tell us where it is, if we knew we would go get it, itā€™s completely out of our control, at this point itā€™s somewhere between Santa and the Easter Bunny.ā€

Called Jeep customer assistance which was just as worthless and ā€œthey escalated my case.ā€ I called another Jeep dealership about 45 min away from me and theyā€™re going to try to track down my order and see whatā€™s going on. If that other dealership is able to find it and provide me with some sort of an actual update Iā€™m going to completely lose my gasket at the dealership I ordered fromā€¦

Glad to see others are getting their 392s though!

Gorpf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21-392, AEV-JL370
Occupation
Retired
Sent my dealer owner a less than enthused text this morning about my 392 order and got a half assed sarcastic response back. Needless to say this is the last vehicle Iā€™ll be purchasing from them. Mineā€™s been in transit over a month and the response I got from the dealership owner (I considered him a personal friend but after this Iā€™m reconsidering) was the same runaround crap Iā€™ve heard for almost a month now. ā€œNo one can tell us where it is, if we knew we would go get it, itā€™s completely out of our control, at this point itā€™s somewhere between Santa and the Easter Bunny.ā€

Called Jeep customer assistance which was just as worthless and ā€œthey escalated my case.ā€ I called another Jeep dealership about 45 min away from me and theyā€™re going to try to track down my order and see whatā€™s going on. If that other dealership is able to find it and provide me with some sort of an actual update Iā€™m going to completely lose my gasket at the dealership I ordered fromā€¦

Glad to see others are getting their 392s though!
Hey. im having the same experience. Supposedly on a train since 11/12. Being told they donā€™t know where it is or why it keeps getting delayed. Iā€™m pretty sure the dealerships can track their vehicles by satellite and by rail car number, but for some reason they are denying this and Jeep customer assistance has been inaccurate and unhelpful. Theyā€™ve been telling me it was due to arrive at dealership since late October. Definitely something strange going on.

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
Hey. im having the same experience. Supposedly on a train since 11/12. Being told they donā€™t know where it is or why it keeps getting delayed. Iā€™m pretty sure the dealerships can track their vehicles by satellite and by rail car number, but for some reason they are denying this and Jeep customer assistance has been inaccurate and unhelpful. Theyā€™ve been telling me it was due to arrive at dealership since late October. Definitely something strange going on.
I spent some time on Google and tracked down the railyard that mine *should* be at and with a little more Google-fu I found the trucking companyā€™s information. I think Iā€™m gonna give them a call and see if they are any help at all. Absolutely ridiculous that Iā€™m even considering having to do that but at this point Iā€™m not sure what else to do. Iā€™ve been told the same thing as you. Mine went into transit 11/24. Supposedly arrived in Winston Salem 12/6.

Sponsored

Gorpf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21-392, AEV-JL370
Occupation
Retired
Jeep chat said Iā€™ve been delayed again...12/31-01/07. Ordered in June. Dealer has been silent.

Sales guy and Jeep chat told me there are problems with truck drivers, but that doesnā€™t explain anything because according to the sales manager my vehicle is on a trainā€¦but he canā€™t tell me whereā€¦since mid November.

How did you find your rail car, etc.?

Gorpf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21-392, AEV-JL370
Occupation
Retired
was told 7-9 weeks when I ordered. Been over 6 months with another delay today. Hereā€™s Jeep chat from June:
Jeep Wrangler JL 392 BUILD AND TRACKING SPREADSHEET B046E112-DB1F-48A2-BA3E-F60D8015023C

from this morning:
Jeep Wrangler JL 392 BUILD AND TRACKING SPREADSHEET 49CBD98A-8CC9-4A44-BF54-07A21BC22B7A

ā€œworkers?ā€

still not really an acceptable answer is it? @JeepCares

Last edited:

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
was told 7-9 weeks when I ordered. Been over 6 months with another delay today. Hereā€™s Jeep chat from June:
Jeep Wrangler JL 392 BUILD AND TRACKING SPREADSHEET 49CBD98A-8CC9-4A44-BF54-07A21BC22B7A
You would think that for what we have paid for this model that Jeep would be a little more precise on their delivery dates. Like I said before, my 392 was picked up by a hauler and driven right to the dealer overnight. But I was told that is no longer an option. Somethings just don`t make sense, you can fly over to Europe and take delivery of your car, drive it around and then have it shipped to the states....

Gorpf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21-392, AEV-JL370
Occupation
Retired
The dealership can track by satellite. My vehicle has been released to rail, and corporate and dealer cannot tell rail what to do. But, if the dealer wanted to repossess the vehicle(maybe they should), they would know exactly where it is on the planet.

However, I am not being told where it is or exactly why it repeatedly gets delayedā€¦probably over 20 times currently, which is ridiculous. Rail shipping does not take this long for any reason.

Last edited:

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
Jeep chat said Iā€™ve been delayed again...12/31-01/07. Ordered in June. Dealer has been silent.

Sales guy and Jeep chat told me there are problems with truck drivers, but that doesnā€™t explain anything because according to the sales manager my vehicle is on a trainā€¦but he canā€™t tell me whereā€¦since mid November.

How did you find your rail car, etc.?
So I actually donā€™t know 100% if mine is at the railyard or still on a train, thatā€™s what Iā€™m trying to figure out on my own. Sales manager texted me 11/24 that my Jeep is in transit. I asked him if he had a delivery ETA and he said it should be in Winston Salem 12/6 and he would have a better ETA after that. Since then Iā€™ve heard ā€œIt should be delivered this weekā€ for over 3 weeks now. AKA theyā€™re full of shit and just guessing because apparently they have no idea whatā€™s going on or where it is. So thatā€™s what Iā€™m going off of right now.

I escalated my case with Jeep today which I know is useless but worth a shot. I tracked down the shipping company at the Winston Salem railyard hub and have emails out to them to check and see if my VIN is in their inventory. Mine very might be stuck on a railcar somewhere thoughā€¦my dealer said theyā€™ve reached out to everyone they possibly can and Iā€™ve now done the same. Not sure where to go from here. Absolutely insane any of us have to jump through these hoops to get our vehicles. Iā€™m going to keep shaking cages until I get a straight answer on whatā€™s going on and where mine actually is.
Sponsored

Last edited: