Aloyouis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara JLU 2.0, 2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0, 2018 Ford Focus ST 2.4
1. Oil Change

I did my first oil change on my 2.0 today at 675 miles.

-Mobile 1 (As I always do, all cars).

-The process is super simple. I do feel a little apprehensive about the oil filter being down there at the bottom of the engine. I’d hate to think of a stone or other sharp object coming up and puncturing the filter causing quick oil loss. Any horror stories?

-I checked the oil level at 388 miles; it was at the full mark. After letting it completely drain for over 20 minutes today both from the drain plug in the oil filter housing, only 4 quarts came out. The capacity is 5 quarts. I did follow the owners manual break in instructions. Any cause for concern here or is this just normal oil loss during engine braking?

2. Turbo gauge

Are there any hidden menus or ways to determine what the turbo is putting out? I’m not interested in adding a physical turbo gauge. I do have an OBD II port Wi-Fi connector along with an app to read it. I question it’s accuracy. What do all of you use?

3. CarPlay

Holy crap! I upgraded my iPhone software to iOS 13.1. Integration into the UCONNECT System is seamless and works extremely well! I couldn’t be more pleased.

I am looking for thoughts or feedback on any of these topics.

What a great truck
Sponsored

FUHL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cmott426.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 Ecoboost 2018 2-door Rubicon 2013 Range Rover Evoque
Occupation
CAD Drafter/Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
675 miles is a bit too early for an oil change.
I did mine at 3,000. Free at the dealership.
Not sure why you only got 4 qts to drain.

No Internal boost gauge.

I have an Android, never liked Apple.

Please don't call it a Truck. It's a Jeep.
There are 3 types of passenger vehicles. Car/SUV, Pick-up Truck or simply Truck and Jeep.

OP
OP

Aloyouis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will change it again at 2500 and then again at 5000 and every 5-6K after that.

My car is a BMW.

SUV/Truck/Jeep. LOL.

Android/Apple? To each his own I guess. The ecosystem is what makes Apple the choice for me. I also use an iPad Pro when I travel for work, a MacBook sits on my desk and an Apple Watch everyday. The seamless integration amongst them all is unavailable anywhere else.

Does anyone have any idea why only 4 quarts came out? While I let it drain from both places and it was hot oil I wonder if the oil filter housing might trap some?

OP
OP

Aloyouis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5 quarts is actually about 3/8 over the full mark on the turbos.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/2-0-dipstick-and-oil-level-reading.25349/

Oil filter does trap some, and you probably had it under filled.
From the Owner's Manual:
Engine Oil with Filter

2.0L Engine

5 Quarts

4.73 Liters

I did take a minute and read the entire thread you linked. I will go outside in a few minutes and check the oil level again. Yes, the dipstick is a PITA.

All of that said, I will just use the 5 quarts going forward. If this is lightly over, that little will do no harm and the convenience of adding the entire bottle without measure and then using same bottle to collect the used oil to recycle is nice.

"I" did not have it under filled. If it were, it was from the factory or I have an engine problem...
Sponsored