3.0 diesel problems

Anthonyb1969

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jlur diesel
Thanks for the add! I searched and couldn't find may people having issues with their 3.0 diesel. Mine has been at the dealer since new years day. going on 2 months now. I finally got the "Jeep Wave" involved. they are trying to expedite parts, but they are saying could be another 2-3 weeks for parts, then another week to do the repairs. They are saying lift pump went out and took out the whole fuel system. anyone else have any issues? I'm not sure what my options are, but i think being in the shop 3+ months is way to excessive. they said they've changed fuel pumps, FICM, fuse blocks, wiring etc. I think at this point they are just throwing parts at it. any feedback would be helpful. thanks in advance
Really? Mine has been leaking oiling. This is the 2nd time and I have only 4500 miles on motor.

2222389F-E32B-4D30-99AC-CB1F055D9903.png

BB8CBB6F-5E08-46E2-BA68-0EE1AFA27AA1.jpeg

264DCB21-DD1E-42DC-AFDD-6448D9D4FFC7.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
GregC

GregC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Well Mine is officially gone. Jeep bought it back. not sure which way to go now for a new one...

Wrangler man

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUAD
Clubs

Well Mine is officially gone. Jeep bought it back. not sure which way to go now for a new one...
392... longevity has proven.. I hear it may not be offered in the near future because of continuing emissions MPG requirements

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
was Root Cause of your vehicles problem ever determined?

how painful was the buyback process?

what direction did you decide to go WRT a replacement?

mine's been down for a few weeks already due to a fragged High Pressure Fuel Pump, waiting on even an estimate for when they're going to be able to tell me how long it's going to be before we get the remaining parts to replace the rest of the fuel system. (i'm waiting on just a couple of fuel lines and the in-tank pump module, and @JeepCares can't/won't even tell me how long it's going to be before they'll be able to tell me how long it's going to be.)

Sponsored

OP
OP
GregC

GregC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
was Root Cause of your vehicles problem ever determined?

how painful was the buyback process?

what direction did you decide to go WRT a replacement?

mine's been down for a few weeks already due to a fragged High Pressure Fuel Pump, waiting on even an estimate for when they're going to be able to tell me how long it's going to be before we get the remaining parts to replace the rest of the fuel system. (i'm waiting on just a couple of fuel lines and the in-tank pump module, and @JeepCares can't/won't even tell me how long it's going to be before they'll be able to tell me how long it's going to be.)
they still think injector pump went out and took out the rest of the fuel system.
Buy back was pretty easy. they still "negotiate" the amount they buy it back for, which kinda sucks. but doing my research each state has their own lemon laws. check and see what your state requires. for the buy back, once we agreed on a price, it took about 3 weeks for the paperwork to finalize and get the check. I just had to meet at the dealer, sign some paper work and it was done. if they do buy it back, ask for a CDI. its basically a discount you can get on the purchase of a new one. I was able to buy a model year newer for about $2k less than I paid for my original jeep. I did go back to another diesel, hopefully not a mistake. I really wanted the 392 but could not find one without a crazy markup.

xylodan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
they still think injector pump went out and took out the rest of the fuel system.
Buy back was pretty easy. they still "negotiate" the amount they buy it back for, which kinda sucks. but doing my research each state has their own lemon laws. check and see what your state requires. for the buy back, once we agreed on a price, it took about 3 weeks for the paperwork to finalize and get the check. I just had to meet at the dealer, sign some paper work and it was done. if they do buy it back, ask for a CDI. its basically a discount you can get on the purchase of a new one. I was able to buy a model year newer for about $2k less than I paid for my original jeep. I did go back to another diesel, hopefully not a mistake. I really wanted the 392 but could not find one without a crazy markup.
Good luck. That's nice that they do a "CDI." I recently had BMW buy back a vehicle and they offered no such help in getting another one. Kind of annoying to have to start at square one in a worse position than when you bought the lemon (recent ding on credit, having likely purchased aftermarket parts, having a hard dead line on when you need to replace your vehicle) and that was the final straw that made me decide to never deal with BMW again.

Ironpot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL rubicon diesel
Greggc, did you get a lemon law attorney in AZ or deal directly with the dealer? I am probably going down this route myself.

OP
OP
GregC

GregC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Greggc, did you get a lemon law attorney in AZ or deal directly with the dealer? I am probably going down this route myself.
i dealt with jeep direct. call the "Jeep Wave" department to start the process. it was actually pretty easy once they were involved.
FCA Reacquired Vehicle Processing Department

Phone: 1-866-780-7198

Ironpot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL rubicon diesel
i dealt with jeep direct. call the "Jeep Wave" department to start the process. it was actually pretty easy once they were involved.
FCA Reacquired Vehicle Processing Department

Phone: 1-866-780-7198
Thank you. I’ll be calling today. Very unfortunate with only 1750 miles.

Sponsored

Ironpot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL rubicon diesel
what kind of problems are you having?
The Diesel engine had an oil leak that the dealer said was coming from the head gasket. The vehicle has been in the shop for a month waiting for a couple of gaskets and seals. They do not have an ETA to provide since they have no idea when the parts may show up.

OP
OP
GregC

GregC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
The Diesel engine had an oil leak that the dealer said was coming from the head gasket. The vehicle has been in the shop for a month waiting for a couple of gaskets and seals. They do not have an ETA to provide since they have no idea when the parts may show up.
call jeep for sure. they were able to expedite parts when they were trying to fix mine. but you start having a leg to stand on after 30days with the lemon law.

Ironpot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL rubicon diesel
call jeep for sure. they were able to expedite parts when they were trying to fix mine. but you start having a leg to stand on after 30days with the lemon law.
Today is the 30 th day not counting 4 days in July. I have a case filed but did you just decline the repair and ask for the buyback?

OP
OP
GregC

GregC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Today is the 30 th day not counting 4 days in July. I have a case filed but did you just decline the repair and ask for the buyback?
I let them try to fix it. but after multiple failed attempts and waiting for parts i told them they just needed to buy it back.
Sponsored