First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
i know we have a covid 19 tread already, but figured in starting a new post for the 2nd wavy. i'm not in no way in promoting the covid crap and wish this ended better yet never happen. however, the reallity is that the 2nd wavy is coming. hate to say it, but listening to the news, its a sign that its coming.

anyway, the area i work in is placed in a red zone for a week in a 2 week shut down for non essential businesses and schools. for some reason, it does not feel like a shut down. some people are doing there part, while other dont give a $h*t. part is due to a certain religion group just making thing harder for everyone else. (not getting in to this) so i'm predicting that at the end of week 2 shut down will either extend longer and or a full lock down on everything. this action is pasted down from the governor to the county exec. to town idiots in the office. state police and county health are patrolling the area and passing out fines. the 5 counties around me are on the rise in covid cases and its looking like we are a month early in the 2nd wave that is predicted by cdc and others.

i want to say "luckly" my mail route is in a "better" section of the town with mostly residential area and a small business section. but its in the middle of the red zone. since the start of the covid 19, i've been on alert and doing every precautionary things in protecting myself and others. so i'm in pretty good shape and geared up for the next round.

sorry for the little "rant" if you want to call it that. how about posting what going on in your neck of the woods as we all are gearing up for a "possiable" but most likely 2nd wave of the covid 19. feel free to let it out since we are all going to be in this together in fighting the covid 19.
Sponsored

madscientist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Wrangler 3.6 AT
This coronavirus is a permanent inhabitant of planet earth and will continue to make its rounds through the human population. So this fall is not so much a second wave as much as the next coronavirus season. For the vast majority of the population under the age of 70, there should be no concern as the mortality rate associated with this virus is equivalent to a seasonal flu.

The numbers right now show the following: positive test result are increasing while death rate is flat. As of last week 70,000 college students tested positive for the virus but only 3 were hospitalized, with no fatalities.

The whole thing is way overblown and public health officials should be thrown out and never allowed to work in the field again. Politicians and big pharma are up to their necks in it and looking for a huge payday. Your governor as well as mine are monsters. The whole thing makes me sick professionally.

My advice to you is to practice good hygiene, just like you would any other winter. Take some zinc and vitamin C supplements and you will be fine. Don't believe the hype and don't feed into the fear frenzy.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Found out Friday that the neighbors down the street have it. Both parents are symptomatic, daughters (14 & 8 Y.O.) tested negative last week, but they've been in the house with the parents until yesterday. Yesterday, the mother (a RN) went to the ER. They sent her home with meds. I took some BBQ down yesterday and could hear the father coughing/hacking pretty bad, from the driveway. Later that day, the grandparents who are staying in a hotel, took the two kids to stay at the hotel.

Not sure how they got it. The wife is an RN, so that's an avenue. But the grandparents flew into to town the week prior (about the right incubation period), but they aren't symptomatic.

My wife and I as well as several others on the block, got tested. So far, no others have it. A number of us were concerned because some of the kids on the block played with the kids from the affected family and we have some level of direct or secondary interaction. For example, another neighbor was out riding his bike and just happened to run into the now known to be infected husband riding his bike and they rode around for a while together. My wife and I have daily interaction with another couple that has a daughter that plays with the kids of the affected family.
Sponsored