OP
OP
sourdough

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Good observations and food for thought. I’ve gained 10 lbs this year snacking on junk food which is not my norm.
note to self: :stop:
Sponsored

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
I work indirectly with food businesses. Alcohol and cigarette sales are up which is the norm. In the time of crisis, people look for a stress outlet so an increase purchase of their vices occurs. We'll see if they reverse course once they feel better about the economy, health, etc.
Yeah, my neighbor is a big beer drinker and smoker. When this thing started he bought 10 cases of beer and cartons of cigarettes out of fear.

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
I am much more afraid for the economy at this point. This thing is going to run through people no matter what. I am pretty certain i had covid awhile ago. Hopefully this will make people think about taking better care of themselves. Stop eating like shit, smoking and drinking soda all day.

and Chinese Communist mafia is getting stronger and stronger

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
I see the unemployment rate skyrocketing, and understand how terrible this pandemic is for so many Americans. My hat’s off to health care workers, police, fire, National Guard, and other front line workers.

For me, personally, I’m a bit ashamed to say that my state’s “stay at home” order is a bit of a staycation. I work for a software company, and working from home is nothing new. In fact, I’m finding that my staff are more productive, as am I; no commute means more time behind the keyboard.

I’m married with three teenagers at home, and our backyard opens into a 400+ acre forest with miles of hiking and mountain biking trails. I’m getting to spend more quality time with my family than ever, and with my oldest off to college in the fall this is probably the most time we’re ever going to spend together, again.

I hope life returns to normal, soon, and that the economy rebounds and gets people back to work. Until then, I’m going to enjoy the silver lining that has, fortunately, presented itself to me.

I have been hitting the bourbon a bit too often (is 7 nights a week too often??), but managed to put together a decent home gym so I’m keeping fit and am also eating well.

Update: I’m happy to report that I’m no longer drinking bourbon every night... I’ve switched to rye whiskey, instead. ;)

Last edited:
OP
OP
sourdough

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I see the unemployment rate skyrocketing, and understand how terrible this pandemic is for so many Americans. My hat’s off to health care workers, police, fire, National Guard, and other front line workers.

For me, personally, I’m a bit ashamed to say that my state’s “stay at home” order is a bit of a staycation. I work for a software company, and working from home is nothing new. In fact, I’m finding that my staff are more productive, as am I; no commute means more time behind the keyboard.

I’m married with three teenagers at home, and our backyard opens into a 400+ acre forest with miles of hiking and mountain biking trails. I’m getting to spend more quality time with my family than ever, and with my oldest off to college in the fall this is probably the most time we’re ever going to spend together, again.

I hope life returns to normal, soon, and that the economy rebounds and gets people back to work. Until then, I’m going to enjoy the silver lining that has, fortunately, presented itself to me.

I have been hitting the bourbon a bit too often (is 7 nights a week too often??), but managed to put together a decent home gym so I’m keeping fit and am also eating well.
Sounds like a great set up you have going. Hope your kids make some great memories. I hear you about the booze. Myself, I'm happy to have run out of Johnnie Walker Black label two weeks ago. Still have some Drambuie that I mixed with the J.W. but I'm not planning on replacing the J.W. any time soon. I was leaning on Rusty Nails too hard, haha. Stay home, stay safe.

Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
the only covid 19 blues i got is nice ride into work in the jeep, which is a hot zone and pending containment zone. grab the mail and deliver to my customers. sanitize as much as possible. then enjoy the ride home unwinding from the day. other than that, i'm doing pretty good as far as the new norms in this situation.

we are getting a little "stressed out" and irritated in balancing out the demand of the post office and keeping our self protected. management needs to back off from us and be happy that we are coming into work since we are short handed due to the covid 19.

Mugzzzee

First Name
Hal (aka Mugs)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Retired since 2004
Today marks day 14 of my self quarantine after having flown back from England. I am lucky in some respects as my property borders national forest. I take daily walks and enjoy seeing elk, wild turkeys and many deer. I see no one and me and my English setter enjoy the rolling hills. I have covered so much ground, as I never walk the same route, that I have picked up more than 30 beer cans, several bottles, one old rusted bear trap and one old bottle of "Pratts veterinary liniment" (circa 1906). Yesterday I cleared two trees from our old horse/hiking rail with a saw. I have started to read books again and enjoy drinking my wife's red wine. I have chosen not to go out to buy some beer yet. So I have not fared too badly with the current restrictions here in Colorado. I hope all of you remain safe during historically trying times.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
the only covid 19 blues i got is nice ride into work in the jeep, which is a hot zone and pending containment zone. grab the mail and deliver to my customers. sanitize as much as possible. then enjoy the ride home unwinding from the day. other than that, i'm doing pretty good as far as the new norms in this situation.

we are getting a little "stressed out" and irritated in balancing out the demand of the post office and keeping our self protected. management needs to back off from us and be happy that we are coming into work since we are short handed due to the covid 19.
Thanks to you and all the mail carriers. I’m sure panic buying and hoarding have made you extra busy, not to mention being short staffed.

RoadiJeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0T Recon, 2018 3.6L GC High Altitude
Man, I'm ready for some NFL tonite.
If the players make political statements during the National Anthem or other times, the way they have done with baseball, I will not be watching those games, either.

Sponsored

OP
OP
sourdough

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Last post was 9/11/. My 97 year old mother pasted on the 12th. No family was with her. She was locked down but passed quietly in an old folks nursing home. My neice who lives nearby got a call but my mom was gone before she got there. I'm still grevieing and trying to fathom the reality.
Being 500 miles away was the issue for me and I guess Covid-19 had nothing to do with her passing but it still hurts and I want to blame something besides the circle of life. This time period is really bad for many folks. 200,000 lives and many many family members hurting.

Last edited:

Ohio Hiker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Billet Silver
Occupation
Computer nerd / Retired US Air Force
Last post was 9/11/. My 97 year old mother pasted on the 12th. No family was with her. She was locked down but passed quietly in an old folks nursing home. My neice who lives nearby got a call but my mom was gone before she got there. I'm still grevieing and trying to fathom the reality.
Being 500 miles away was the issue for me and I guess Covid-19 had nothing to do with her passing but it still hurts and I want to blame something besides the circule of life. This time period is really bad for many folks. 200,000 lives and many many family members hurting.
Sorry for your loss Ben. No words can possibly make it easier but you have my sincere sympathy.

OP
OP
sourdough

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Sorry for your loss Ben. No words can possibly make it easier but you have my sincere sympathy.
thank you. we all have to live thought it but that does not diminish the grief.
Sponsored