First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Before I even start. Yes, I went through the manual to see if it was covered. No it appears it is not.

We have a 2023 Chevy Tahoe completely dead, nothing comes on, the battery is fine. The problem it seems is in order to put it in neutral there needs to be power. I know my Jeep has a manual over ride underneath the shifter you can pull and it will go in neutral. The new Tahoes and Suburbans have push button gear shifters built into the dash with no visible signs of a manual over ride. Curious if anyone has any work arounds to where we can put this vehicle in neutral so we can get it towed away?

From what I gather the only solution is getting wheel dollies. We don't have those here. I am currently in UAE, this is a contracted vehicle. So we really cant do anything too extreme. TIA
Sponsored

bonniejf

First Name
Bonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL
you need to google this, but... on my gmc terrain with the push button gear selectors there is a "door" in the lower console by your leg that you pry open and there is a pull strap in there to get it into neutral.

OP
OP
BrentMG

BrentMG

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
you need to google this, but... on my gmc terrain with the push button gear selectors there is a "door" in the lower console by your leg that you pry open and there is a pull strap in there to get it into neutral.
There is a small probably 1in x 1in square on the driver side but it looks like it just covers a bolt.
Sponsored