Threads
Reaction score
Website
ritterhomesinc.com
Vehicle(s)
06 GMC 3/4 Diesel, 02 V-Rod
Occupation
Builder
I'm at a crossroads with how to handle this. I had a regear done about a year ago. Ever since then the service axle assembly would intermittently come on when I had the lockers on. Well I finally took it back to the install shop for them to look at expecting it to be the locker positioning sensor. Well this is what was found inside. It looks to be a bearing which they claim they don't know where it came from and are trying to put me on the hook for 3hrs of labor. They are the only ones to have ever been inside. It wasn't there when the did a 500mi drain and check things over (or was it?). Makes me wonder if that was even done. Also noticed there wasn't Timken bearings on it and brought that up since that's what the Yukon master install kit came with. Oh well if they're in spec we don't change what's in there was the responce. Then what the fuck did I pay for !! Sorry for the long winded post. Had to vent

20210225_160115.jpg
Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
I'm at a crossroads with how to handle this. I had a regear done about a year ago. Ever since then the service axle assembly would intermittently come on when I had the lockers on. Well I finally took it back to the install shop for them to look at expecting it to be the locker positioning sensor. Well this is what was found inside. It looks to be a bearing which they claim they don't know where it came from and are trying to put me on the hook for 3hrs of labor. They are the only ones to have ever been inside. It wasn't there when the did a 500mi drain and check things over (or was it?). Makes me wonder if that was even done. Also noticed there wasn't Timken bearings on it and brought that up since that's what the Yukon master install kit came with. Oh well if they're in spec we don't change what's in there was the responce. Then what the fuck did I pay for !! Sorry for the long winded post. Had to vent

20210225_160115.jpg
Sounds like a shady shop that did a poor job.

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
shop says; I don't recognize that bearing. We can't be responsible for something we didn't put it there.

Jeep Wrangler JL 220 Diff Problem IMG_0696.GIF

SMH....... :facepalm:

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer

Jeep Wrangler JL 220 Diff Problem IMG_0696.GIF
How far you from Kernersville, NC?

Do you have more pictures? Any pictures with the carrier out?

OP
OP
1idrod

1idrod

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ritterhomesinc.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Builder
How far you from Kernersville, NC?

Do you have more pictures? Any pictures with the carrier out?
This is the only other pic I have. Google says 4 1/2hrs

20210225_160333.jpg

Sponsored

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
This is the only other pic I have. Google says 4 1/2hrs

Jeep Wrangler JL 220 Diff Problem 20210225_160333
Yeah, doesn't seem to be much there to see. If you have time to Facetime tomorrow, I can go through it with you and see what happened. I wouldn't be able to get up your way until Sunday afternoon if you needed a second opinion.

OP
OP
1idrod

1idrod

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ritterhomesinc.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Builder
Yeah, doesn't seem to be much there to see. If you have time to Facetime tomorrow, I can go through it with you and see what happened. I wouldn't be able to get up your way until Sunday afternoon if you needed a second opinion.
I appreciate your offer. At this point it's back together so not much to see other than pic and pieces I gathered up. I got the phone call today about it being ready then asked what the charge was. I had some axle tie down brackets welded on while there but expected since it wasn't the sensor that all I'd be looking at was the welding. Was kinda taken back and needed time to think about it, then figured I'd throw it out here to make sure I wasn't being unreasonable. I'll definitely hit you up

Last edited:

2Wheel-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD, 1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1975 Datsun 620
I can't help but wonder if they pulled the pinion out to check those bearings. Do you know if they pulled it?

OP
OP
1idrod

1idrod

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ritterhomesinc.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Builder
I can't help but wonder if they pulled the pinion out to check those bearings. Do you know if they pulled it?
I really don't know what was done. Wish I did
Sponsored