IMG_2257.jpeg

Kata_Rina

First Name
Kata
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Altitude
I asked more questions and while I understand the dealers can not know everything. The answers I got are not making all that much sense. The clutch went in recall I believe March 2nd? That is the date our Jeep was scheduled. I believe Jeep should have asked and notified people who have ordered and gave them the option to switch to automatic. I looked around to see if I find something somewhere on a lot but it is slim picking. We did put $1000 non refundable deposit down for ordering. One of the options I have is leather seats. We got dogs who shed a lot. We can wait but need it by September. We still have to get the tow plate installed. There is another trip in August I would need the Jeep but I can make do with driving my VW behind the RV for that. Not ideal but it will work. We ordered specifically to have the Jeep for our big trip in Fall to toe behind the RV. You should think we ordered early enough.

Last edited:

Sassenach

First Name
Mari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade
I asked more questions and while I understand the dealers can not know everything. The answers I got are not making all that much sense. The clutch went in recall I believe March 2nd? That is the date our Jeep was scheduled. I believe Jeep should have asked and notified people who have ordered and gave them the option to switch to automatic. I looked around to see if I find something somewhere on a lot but it is slim picking. We did put $1000 non refundable deposit down for ordering. One of the options I have is leather seats. We got dogs who shed a lot. We can wait but need it by September. We still have to get the tow plate installed. There is another trip in August I would need the Jeep but I can make do with driving my VW behind the RV for that. Not ideal but it will work. We ordered specifically to have the Jeep for our big trip in Fall to toe behind the RV. You should think we ordered early enough.
I agree with you. I reached out to my dealer asking if I could change to auto and was denied bc vin was already created. Jeep definitely should've offered the option to change and provided updates along the way, rather than having to hound the dealer, customer care etc. Good luck.

Sponsored

Kata_Rina

First Name
Kata
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I asked too. My dealer did not even give us an answer to that one. There are no changes to any order once it is placed. But as a courtesy the dealer should offer to refund the order deposit. I stick with it until September but then I gotta figure out what my options are.

Dr. Jones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Rubicon
Feb 16 was the date they stopped production on MTs. If your vehicle wasn't in Production before then, I would think your OK. Unless, they gave up on finding a solution soon, and placed the "Recalled" MT into the vehicles to build. I would hope not.
The following is the quote from the NHTSA recall:
" The suspect period began on August 23, 2017, when production of Jeep Wrangler vehicles equipped with manual transmissions started, and ended on February 16, 2023, when FCA US LLC ("FCA US") suspended shipment of vehicles with manual transmissions. "

Kata_Rina

First Name
Kata
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That stinks. The dealer should have made us aware of the fact since we ordered February 25.

Stengaaa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy sonic, soon wrangler Jl 2 door
I hope my jeep arrives before October because I received the mopar door sill guards today from amazon and they said install by October of this year on the box 😂

Sponsored

ArcadeTracks

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Rubicon. 2dr Soft Top. 2.0L Turbo, Auto, Stock
I hope my jeep arrives before October because I received the mopar door sill guards today from amazon and they said install by October of this year on the box 😂
I'm guessing the adhesive? Or is it like the expiration date on a canister of salt? 😜

Dr. Jones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Rubicon
That stinks. The dealer should have made us aware of the fact since we ordered February 25.
Since you ordered after the Recall, and your now in Production, you should have a good vehicle coming your way. That's assuming that all the MT vehicles that are now in Production, have a brand new/different MT installed.
Sponsored