2022 Wrangler or Gladiator?

DvlDg3

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending
I’ll be ordering a 2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR soon, unless there’s something new coming out. Example, Wrangler Mojave, Gladiator XR or a Gladiator 392. If there is, I would like to know because this will be my first Jeep and I would like to weigh my options.
I plan on having fun with rock crawling or desert riding. Please let me know if there are any new versions coming soon besides the current models that are out now. Thanks!
Sponsored

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I’ll be ordering a 2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR soon, unless there’s something new coming out. Example, Wrangler Mojave, Gladiator XR or a Gladiator 392. If there is, I would like to know because this will be my first Jeep and I would like to weigh my options.
I plan on having fun with rock crawling or desert riding. Please let me know if there are any new versions coming soon besides the current models that are out now. Thanks!
Why not the 393 XR? Otherwise. There has been no official announcement of the other ones you posted.

RemisPaPa

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F-350
Occupation
Retired Marine, DoD Civilian
I’m in the same boat as you Devil Dog. Cash in hand ready to order but didn’t like available colors. Waiting on some new announcements for 2022 at the moment.
Gladiator Mojave in Tuscadero with the Xtreme Recon package gets my order the day it’s announced.
Otherwise I’ll just keep my F-350 and get the Wrangler Rubicon dressed as mentioned. Really wanting to sell this 7.3 while the market is like it is though. And I’m off into retirement so I don’t need an “extra” vehicle barely getting used.

OP
OP
DvlDg3

DvlDg3

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending
I’m in the same boat as you Devil Dog. Cash in hand ready to order but didn’t like available colors. Waiting on some new announcements for 2022 at the moment.
Gladiator Mojave in Tuscadero with the Xtreme Recon package gets my order the day it’s announced.
Otherwise I’ll just keep my F-350 and get the Wrangler Rubicon dressed as mentioned. Really wanting to sell this 7.3 while the market is like it is though. And I’m off into retirement so I don’t need an “extra” vehicle barely getting used.
Thanks for your help!

Sponsored

vegasblue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I was in the same boat. Had to consider I would have my kids and possibly two small dogs with me. I already have an ARB fridge and have gotten spoiled with that. You will have to consider what you will be doing more of when off road. A Gladiator in the rocks has some disadvantages until you start modifying and going big. In no way are they incapable, just long. A Wrangler isn't the "best" at desert running, but again, with a few mods, it's capable, just not going to be trophy truck. I wheel in the desert around Las Vegas, play in the rocks up at Rocky Gap, Logandale, and Sand Hollow. In the end, I knew the JLUR was the right choice for me. I could take my crap with me and have it locked up. Room for kids and dogs. Oh, and the Gladiator would not fit in my garage with my toolboxes and workbench. I don't leave my junk outside. Can't go wrong either way really.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I really like Gladiators. I've been thinking about ordering a Gladiator instead of another Wrangler.

There are two things that stop me from Gladiator though:
  1. A long-ass wheelbase means a 3-point turn every time I park at the grocery store, a chore to turn on the trails, and a higher risk of getting hung up on a rock
  2. I like the convenience and the security of Wrangler's enclosed cargo area
I don't tow regularly, so besides the novelty of owning a Gladiator, Wrangler makes a lot more sense to me.
Sponsored