2021 premium sound system is improved

Hwpx12

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I traded a 2019 jl with a premium sound system. I purchased a 2021 wrangler sahara. Every thing is the same except the motor. I didn't like the 2.0. So I wanted to say this sound system in the 2021 is far better than the 2019. Its supposed to be the same but clearly this 2021 is way way better. Any one else notice this difference or is it just me?
Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I traded a 2019 jl with a premium sound system. I purchased a 2021 wrangler sahara. Every thing is the same except the motor. I didn't like the 2.0. So I wanted to say this sound system in the 2021 is far better than the 2019. Its supposed to be the same but clearly this 2021 is way way better. Any one else notice this difference or is it just me?
It seemed the same on the one I test drove.

TP1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Pleased with my 2021 sport altitude stereo

Sponsored

zakaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 4dr, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 1986 Honda Nighthawk S
I know what's going on here. It's the better soundtrack from the engine and not the sound system that you're noticing ;)

Seriously, I am not aware of any differences with the 2021 Alpine system. Do you have the equalizer set the same for both? Unless someone got the polarity wrong when installing the original from the factory and messed up the speakers' phasing, which I'm not sure that would be possible since the connectors should be 1 way only (though I've never torn my Jeep apart yet so I've never seen the speaker connectors).

OP
OP

Hwpx12

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I know what's going on here. It's the better soundtrack from the engine and not the sound system that you're noticing ;)

Seriously, I am not aware of any differences with the 2021 Alpine system. Do you have the equalizer set the same for both? Unless someone got the polarity wrong when installing the original from the factory and messed up the speakers' phasing, which I'm not sure that would be possible since the connectors should be 1 way only (though I've never torn my Jeep apart yet so I've never seen the speaker connectors).
No it has nothing to do with the engine. Years ago I went to school for acoustic engineering. I've built plenty of commercial sound systems. The 2019 jeep i traded in the sound system was very good. However the one in this 2021 is noticeable Lowder and I can hear a distinct difference in the clarity and the stereo separation. I don't know what has changed but something is definitely different.. don't know if the changed the speakers or the out put design in the radio itself. But there is absolutely a noticeable difference between the two.

zakaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 4dr, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 1986 Honda Nighthawk S
No it has nothing to do with the engine. Years ago I went to school for acoustic engineering. I've built plenty of commercial sound systems. The 2019 jeep i traded in the sound system was very good. However the one in this 2021 is noticeable Lowder and I can hear a distinct difference in the clarity and the stereo separation. I don't know what has changed but something is definitely different.. don't know if the changed the speakers or the out put design in the radio itself. But there is absolutely a noticeable difference between the two.
Yeah, that was just a joke about the engine. Now if it was the 392 under there.... :rock:
Sounds like you have a trained ear then. I have not seen any disclosed information regarding the 2021 Alpine system vs prior years, but I'm glad it is better and not worse! I myself think it is a pretty good factory system. I most like how they integrated the sub on the 4 door vs having it in the floor or like the JK sticking out by the tailgate.

AC77

First Name
AC Abegian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Wrangler diesel Sahara Altitude , 94 MKIV
Occupation
Autobody , singer-songwriter
It could be better sound insulation surround the speaker housing ? I haven’t received my 22 Sahara altitude yet. But the amplifier wattage is the same as before. Unless they upgraded the wiring harness to higher standards and internal crossover tuning. Just my 10 cents on it 😉
Sponsored