Sponsored

How is the stock sound system?

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
Just to confirm.....on jeep.com is says ANC is part of the Alpine System

And includes a different, laminated windshield:

"The All-New Wrangler offers an available Alpine® Premium Audio System with a 552-watt 12-channel amplifier, eight speakers and a rear subwoofer. The system is enhanced by active noise cancellation and acoustic laminated windshield glass."
Awesome, but no control over it right?
Sponsored

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
Nope, it's always happening I'm told...

vilacr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL
I don't believe you'll want too, but give it good listen first. It's very good. I felt the bass in my chest yesterday! What wind noise?
I have a Sahara JL with the base system. The system is rather anemic, so I am going to upgrade the speakers. Was just wondering if anyone knows the size of the speakers so I can go ahead and order them. I will not have time to open up the sound bar until sometime later next week.

techieanalyst

First Name
EC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon (Only missing Proxy) / 2019 Ram 1500 Limited 6.4" Box w/eTorque
Occupation
Engineer
I have the upgraded alpine in my new -8, sounds great, change equalizer and plenty of bass and sounds great, sounds better than my jk factory alpine

Sponsored

vilacr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL
The roll bar speakers appear to be 4" - 4.5". I had my wife measure and send me a pic.

Last edited:

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
I have a Sahara JL with the base system. The system is rather anemic, so I am going to upgrade the speakers. Was just wondering if anyone knows the size of the speakers so I can go ahead and order them. I will not have time to open up the sound bar until sometime later next week.
I have to credit Dreadnought_Leviathan for finding this info.....

His original post: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/after-a-lot-of-digging-premium-audio-details.3155/

"Here are some specs that I found after speaking with a Jeep associate. She suggested I check out the FCA media website to find some details. I even called Alpine and they couldn't give me any specifics.

Premium Sound System
The new 2018 Jeep Wrangler offers two sound systems:
  • Standard eight speakers
    • Two 2.5-inch speakers in the instrument panel
    • Two 4.5-inch front door speakers
    • Two 2.5-inch sound bar speakers
    • Two 4.5-inch sound bar subwoofers
  • Available premium Alpine audio system with nine speakers
    • Two 3.5-inch speakers in the instrument panel
    • Two 4.5-inch front door speakers
    • Two 3.5-inch sound bar speakers
    • Two 4.5-inch sound bar subwoofers
    • One 10-inch quad voice coil subwoofer
Still unsure about the details of the sub. If anyone has information regarding the specifications (impedance, wattage, etc) please post it here.

Here's a link to the site where I found the info:

http://media.fcanorthamerica.com/newsrelease.do?id=18672&mid=102 "

techieanalyst

First Name
EC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon (Only missing Proxy) / 2019 Ram 1500 Limited 6.4" Box w/eTorque
Occupation
Engineer
I have the upgraded Alpine and I love it, just adjust the EQ to your liking, light years a head of the old premium alpine in my 2017, lots of bass and its loud. When it gets warmer Ill see how it sounds top off.

In my 2017 I was about to pull the trigger on a 10k setup (literally the day I was going in to pay 50%) and I saw the 8.4" screen on the 2018 so I said jesus lets wait and see (modern HU) and the Alpine I was going to get was like 4-5k of that price.

Anyways sounds great, not like audiophile great but its good and loud enough I know id get a ticket with it, my 2017 with the premium I dunno it was ok but I was always feeling disappointed with it.

Carplay, blueooth, talking to people on the hand free system etc is all great, its actually better than my new 2018 F150, its also smoother imo

Rusty Teeth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Electronics Tech/ Fabricator/ 5G Fiber Optic Cellular Tech
I ran an audio store for 20 years installing high end head units in all kinds of cars, Amps/EQ/active crossovers. subs.
The last 2015 JK alpine system was rocking solid stock! Gladly paid for it. The new 2018 JL alpine also great tight sound, Im not running a SPL meter and demo test tones..

But yeah its worth it.

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Police Officer
I ran an audio store for 20 years installing high end head units in all kinds of cars, Amps/EQ/active crossovers. subs.
The last 2015 JK alpine system was rocking solid stock! Gladly paid for it. The new 2018 JL alpine also great tight sound, Im not running a SPL meter and demo test tones..

But yeah its worth it.
Do you know how big the amp is in the Alpine system? And I agree after testing some sources inputs and a little tweaking, this systems is really good!

Sponsored

Rusty Teeth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Sahara Altitude
Occupation
There are a few utube videos that go over the entire system. Some testing with db eq meters. Not a lab its a jeep.
Thought I saw 225 watt, that can be very misleading...

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Police Officer
Ye
There are a few utube videos that go over the entire system. Some testing with db eq meters. Not a lab its a jeep.
Thought I saw 225 watt, that can be very misleading...
Yeah. I kinda get the impression that this system is very proprietary, and swapping components, i.e. the amp, could adversely affect the whole system..

Rusty Teeth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Sahara Altitude
Occupation
I read of a self EQ ing system. When top is removed. It works really well. I'm sure others will feel the need to change the sytem out.
Think that's why they have the self draining floor mats opens up bass ports when needed... I hate those mats! lol

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Police Officer
I read of a self EQ ing system. When top is removed. It works really well. I'm sure others will feel the need to change the sytem out.
Think that's why they have the self draining floor mats opens up bass ports when needed... I hate those mats! lol
Why,.? I think they fit well. Now I doubt I'll be using the drainage function too often so I just leave the floor plug in the mats. But if need its easily to use. You could pour you stale beer out that hole while driving . Lol. Not that I would ever do that though....

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
The Alpine system sound is great. Again I have the hard top liners and the system has great Bass.
Sponsored