How is the stock sound system?

Kevman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara Granite Crystal, Audi A5
I've heard a few opinions/reviews about how good the Alpine is, but haven't heard much about the stock system. Is it better than the near unanimously bad JK's stock system? I'm getting closer to ordering, but I'm trying to cut some options to save money.
Sponsored

alphalife9

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 C6, Sting Gray JLUR
It's definitely better than the base JK system. Has some bass. Still very meh in my opinion. I would compare it to the base sound system in a economy car these days. The JK base system sounds like there's an AM radio hidden somewhere playing music.

buried20kleague

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Crush Rubi
It's definitely better than the base JK system. Has some bass. Still very meh in my opinion. I would compare it to the base sound system in a economy car these days. The JK base system sounds like there's an AM radio hidden somewhere playing music.

I agree. The JK's was insufferable. Impossible to remotely enjoy. The JL's isn't great by any stretch (and I imagine it will be far underpowered for open top driving on highways), but it's far better than the JK's.

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Great question which makes me think what the comparison is between a TJ a JK. I have a TJ and I've never had an issue with the "stock" sound system with sub woofer in the center counsel and I rarely drive it with the back windows on.... and that may be because they were trashed back in 2010. lol

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for posting this topic; I was wondering the same thing.

After reading these comments, I may forgo the Tech Package, and instead go with the Alpine upgrade on the base 5" system.

Sponsored

JHJLUR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GC Overland, 18 JLUR
Thanks for posting this topic; I was wondering the same thing.

After reading these comments, I may forgo the Tech Package, and instead go with the Alpine upgrade on the base 5" system.
Why, isn’t the upcharge nominal for the tech and stereo grouped, vs just the stereo?

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Why, isn’t the upcharge nominal for the tech and stereo grouped, vs just the stereo?
On the Sport S, The Tech package is $995, but it doesn't include the Alpine upgrade. Adding the Alpine Upgrade to the Tech Package would be an additional $1295.

Last edited:

JHJLUR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GC Overland, 18 JLUR
On the sport, The Tech package is $995, but it doesn't include the Alpine upgrade. Adding the Alpine Upgrade to the Tech Package would be an additional $1295.
Ahh, thanks... that’s crazy, I assumed it was like the Rubicon packaging

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
That must be the Sport S, the Alpine isn’t available for the Sport. Makes my decision harder.

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ahh, thanks... that’s crazy, I assumed it was like the Rubicon packaging
IKR, it's is kinda crazy! In order to get the Alpine System with a 7" screen, it's gonna cost like $2300.
That's why I'm thinking of just getting the Alpine upgrade only.

Sponsored

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That must be the Sport S, the Alpine isn’t available for the Sport. Makes my decision harder.
I agree 100%. I was looking at a base Sport as well, but in order to get any Audio upgrade at all, you have to get the Sport S. I really wish they's let us order options a la carte.

JHJLUR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GC Overland, 18 JLUR
The stock JK sound system caused ear infections due to the sound quality.
No kidding, it’s total crap, it’s really worn on me, Alpine is my only choice this time around.

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
No kidding, it’s total crap, it’s really worn on me, Alpine is my only choice this time around.
You won't regret it.

Jeeptimus Prime

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR
Surprised no mention on the vast aftermarket for car audio?!? Can easily blast your beats with stock head unit with killer amp and speakers for the same amount or less than the Alpine option.

The plus to the Alpine is that it is better integrated into the interior. But correct me if I am wrong, the upgrade only adds the rear woofer or upgrades the front and bar speakers?
Sponsored