Not open for further replies.

PaulwithJeep

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500, 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Hey everyone I just wanted to give you all an update on the timeline for ordering a 2021 Jeep Wrangler. I placed 2 orders for 2021 Jeep Wranglers right after they became available (Early June). They are both in D1 status now. One of them has an expected ship date (meaning when it is done being built but still needs to be transported) of August 7th. The other is August 20th. Two other Wranglers I ordered in the last week or so have not gone into D1 status yet. Hope that sheds some light on what to expect with an order right now. Feel free to message me with any specific questions you may have about ordering.
Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
We had been told build start about August 10th so seems right according to other dealers. But you know that they don't build them in order sequence. There are still Jan - Mar 2020 orders waiting to be built. Guess what their estimated ship dates were.
Talking with assembly workers from the plant they say they don't have a clue why that happens and no one will say why. Unless you are Beyonce, her's gets build same day she orders.:rock:
Can you say how much 2021 dealer inventory will be built right away so dealers with no 2020s left can get some?

OP
OP
PaulwithJeep

PaulwithJeep

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure about general inventory orders. Also yes they do seem be a little random. The first 2 orders I placed for 2021 were both Sports. One I ordered on the 6th of June is shipping on the 20th of August and the one I ordered 2 weeks after that is shipping on the 7th of August. I'm sure Jeep has their reason but I am not in the know enough to know.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Someone, not sure I believe him, said it is just like shipping - the further west the order is going the later the build. That wouldn't be fair would it?

OP
OP
PaulwithJeep

PaulwithJeep

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No I am in the Pacific North West, so about as far as you can get. I order Wranglers all the time and I have trouble seeing a pattern in which ones get built when.

Sponsored

Patientlywaiting

First Name
Saint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Patriot
No I am in the Pacific North West, so about as far as you can get. I order Wranglers all the time and I have trouble seeing a pattern in which ones get built when.
There seems to be some mystery of how they get picked for production. Do you know the engine size of the builds ? IM SO EXCITED. Thank you for the hope!!

OP
OP
PaulwithJeep

PaulwithJeep

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There seems to be some mystery of how they get picked for production. Do you know the engine size of the builds ? IM SO EXCITED. Thank you for the hope!!
The one that is due on the 20th is a V6 Manual and the one due on the 7th is the Turbo.

WillysGirl

First Name
Dara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
Any updates on your orders?
I just spoke to Jeep chat and this is what I’ve gotten.
Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Order Timeline FB50FE6A-CFBC-44BB-BF95-082768E76C82

I am super hopeful but very much aware that my order can be moved to anywhere in the line without reason. I’ll just keep praying for the miracle of a Wrangler birth.

acferk

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willy
Just heard from my dealer that my 2021 Willy was rolled off the transport vehicle this morning! Going to pick it up tomorrow.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.