Sponsored

2020 JLUR P0300, Flashing check engine light. Engine issues.

SJones410

First Name
Sonya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
I ordered my 2020 JLUR with 3.6 engine and have only had it a month and as of now it sits at the dealership with a little over 1600 Miles. Issue started from day one. As I could feel the jeep tremble at idle which resembled a misfire. This was very apparent when cold and when engine would come down from high idle. But no check engine light. We were told thats pretty common and many times will smooth out with a little time on engine. Fast forward to 500 Miles. I try to remote start it. As I do. I go out to jeep and the check engine light is flashing, along with ess disabled light. And running on half the engine being injectors are cut off when it detects a misfire. So I cut it off and restart it runs with a small stumble but no longer in limp mode. As I drive away I get a cel. I check it with a bluetooth scanner and its a p0300. But by now vehicle is warm and running smooth. So cleared code and no issues for about a week other than the rough idle cold. And I avoided letting it idle for long as this seemed to trigger the misfire. So we took a trip out of town in it hoping it was a fluke and would just get better being it runs perfect after warming up. Well issue became worse during the trip on any cold start. Called dealer immediately and they said to bring it in asap. So we did. They have had it all this last week and have been very professional. Lead tech on it has tested everything he can electrical. So they got FCA involved. They assisted to find out it has a lifter issue on #6. And that it lacks oil pressure on startup to keep vehicle from misfiring. So it shuts 1 bank down. Then as you restart it. It bypasses limp mode and stumbles a little until lifter is completely pumped up and misfire is almost undetected at that point. So they are tearing the engine apart to see whats happening. Yeah pretty sickening. Paper tag still on it and don't even have the title yet and needs a engine torn apart and possibly replaced. But dealer has been very professional and is backing us in a case through FCA. so I will keep this post updated as we find out how this gets resolved. Thanks.
Sponsored

Last edited:

JoJo59

First Name
Joanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon
3.6 sorry just edited post.
Got my 2020 JLU Rubicon in late September. All was well until late October. Vehicle was parked and idling when Start/Stop error generated, then CEL came on. Worked with dealer; they told me stuck valve on PVC pipe. Replaced and within a day, CEL back on with same Start/Stop error first. Now they said it needed new controller indicating electronic “brain” was the problem. That didn’t fix it either. Most recent was air flow controller. That also didn’t fix. So as of today, I’ve been without my Rubicon for 10 days and the vehicle doesn’t even have 3,000 miles on it! I’ve opened a case with FCA but honestly, they’ve not been interested in doing anything to assist at all!

Last edited:
OP
OP
SJones410

SJones410

First Name
Sonya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Hey there I'm sorry to hear this. Our dealer as well as Chrysler star tech was unable to figure ours out. Engine torn all apart due to them saying it was a internal issue. They tested everything. Put it back together. Did same exact thing. They say they have never seen this issue. Its serious. Ours has been at dealer for 45 days now and no fix. I finally went through the hoops with FCA and after 30 plus days of waiting with no resolution contacted the ceo of the dealership firm. And he got the ball rolling and was able to get it passed up to the buyback department. Here in s.c. it has already surpassed all 3 of our lemon law requirements. Hopefully we dont have to persue 3rd party Chrysler knows we deserve a new vehicle and have waited way longer than anyone with a new 1700 mile vehicle should. We are wanting a replacement but frankly I'm considering the ecodiesel being so many bugs in the 3.6 platform. Our 2017 we traded was flawless. Good luck to you also but seems these have some unseen issues.

Sponsored

Woodbridge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Unlimited
Got my 2020 JLU Rubicon in late September. All was well until late October. Vehicle was parked and idling when Start/Stop error generated, then CEL came on. Worked with dealer; they told me stuck valve on PVC pipe. Replaced and within a day, CEL back on with same Start/Stop error first. Now they said it needed new controller indicating electronic “brain” was the problem. That didn’t fix it either. Most recent was air flow controller. That also didn’t fix. So as of today, I’ve been without my Rubicon for 10 days and the vehicle doesn’t even have 3,000 miles on it! I’ve opened a case with FCA but honestly, they’ve not been interested in doing anything to assist at all!
FCA is useless as is Jeep Cares here. If you want action sue them.

Woodbridge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Unlimited
Hey there I'm sorry to hear this. Our dealer as well as Chrysler star tech was unable to figure ours out. Engine torn all apart due to them saying it was a internal issue. They tested everything. Put it back together. Did same exact thing. They say they have never seen this issue. Its serious. Ours has been at dealer for 45 days now and no fix. I finally went through the hoops with FCA and after 30 plus days of waiting with no resolution contacted the ceo of the dealership firm. And he got the ball rolling and was able to get it passed up to the buyback department. Here in s.c. it has already surpassed all 3 of our lemon law requirements. Hopefully we dont have to persue 3rd party Chrysler knows we deserve a new vehicle and have waited way longer than anyone with a new 1700 mile vehicle should. We are wanting a replacement but frankly I'm considering the ecodiesel being so many bugs in the 3.6 platform. Our 2017 we traded was flawless. Good luck to you also but seems these have some unseen issues.
You absolutely qualify for Lemon Law. Shove the POS down FCA's throat and don't look back. Move on, WAY too many safety and reliability issues with the JL's.
Sponsored